Carbonation okay at 2+ years out?

M. Walker
on 3/10/13 7:51 am
DS on 02/12/13
M. Walker
on 3/10/13 7:56 am
DS on 02/12/13
No I did not ask him, but I trust him with all my heart. He is one of the leading bariatrics doctors in the St. Louis area. He did say that he has studied the DS for years and did leave a practice that would not do the DS. The one he was at before now. He started doing the DS the last several years. I hope he can bring this surgery to light in this area and help others in their journey too.

BiscuitNYC
on 3/9/13 8:01 am - NYC, NY
DS on 01/23/13

My NUT said no carbonation for 6 mos.  But since she said it's OK, but like most things, in moderation.  She'd prefer if I'd stick to seltzer.  And I've never been one to drink a lot of soda, but I do go through phases.  Right now I"m all about Coke Zero, and that might last a month or two, then I'll drink Crystal Light, then move on to something else.  

southernlady5464
on 3/9/13 8:32 am

The only time I do sodas is out...or water. Depends on where we are.

I do know that canned/bottled sodas still bother me but fountain sodas don't...but considering I drink maybe one a month, I don't fret over it, even full sugar ones.

What I do drink LOTS of is splenda sweetened decaf ice tea. I use decaf because the brand I use is not found at Costco at all and Sam's has the double box size and only in decaf.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

JazzyOne9254
on 3/9/13 1:11 pm

I did a little carbonation after 1 year post-op, but as a pre-op, I had pretty much stopped drinking all carbonated beverages. Initially, the ban on sodas is because of healing issues, and the expansion it causes in the new stomach, and after that, I've been told that it's bad for bone density.

I will have one occasionally, but I can take it or leave it.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

shannn
on 3/11/13 2:59 am - Knoxville , TN

I drink a 20 ounce diet coke every day. I know the research, but there are risks in life. My mom worried about her weight and did everything right and cancer killed her at age 63 anyway. I don't jump out of airplanes or smoke .... I choose diet coke. ;)

~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

(Ticker includes 11 pounds lost in pre-op diet.)