Post Your Protein Shakes, Coffees and Teas

jashley
on 2/27/13 1:57 pm
DS on 12/19/12

These coffee drinks sound wonderful!  Thanks for sharing them.

wannablite
on 2/27/13 8:29 pm - Southern, NJ

I have not been able to find a HOT protein coffee until this morning. In a blender bottle I mixed:

2 oz 1/2 & 1/2

2 oz water

2 pkts Splenda

1 scoop Isopure Dutch Chocolate

small bit of sugar free chocolate sauce

Mix thoroughly. Pour into a large mug. Since I like my coffee really hot, I did warm this a bit before putting the coffee in. Be careful not to warm too much as to cook the protein causing lumps. Using the "My K-Cup" I used chocolate cranberry (I'm so addicted to this stuff) coffee and FINALLY I have a delightful hot protein coffee!

Erin

docputer
on 2/27/13 11:13 pm, edited 2/27/13 11:23 pm - Topeka, KS
DS on 01/17/13

All I am doing at the moment is Carnation Instant Breakfast, 2% milk, 1 TB peanut butter and a banana.

This will change as I have Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel on the way.

Anyone have recipes to make with that product?

julanie
on 2/28/13 12:20 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 09/17/12

IS there a problem with me using just whipping cream for my shakes?  I started doing 1/2 whipping cream and half water, but I slowly added more cream each time.  The cream just makes the texture so much easier for me to drink.  I know that it's OK to have fat, but can I get too much fat using just straight heavy cream?  freaks me out that the fat content on the package is listed by the table spoon.  How many table spoons are in 6 OZ? 

Julanie

Garden Fairy in training, according to my daughter
T Lady
on 2/28/13 3:01 am

I don't think it's a problem at all.  If you do just whipping cream, you are adding no carbs at all.  I'd say just see how that much fat effects you.  I actually need to add as much fat as I can since I tend to get constipated from all of the calcium citrate in my daily vites. With changing my fat intake, I was able to stop taking magnesium citrate at night and stool softeners with each calcium batch.   I know it looks scary to see that much fat, but with the DS, fat is now our friend!  Embrace it! broken heart

Original DS-1/07/09- Dr. Simper, SW: 286, LW:170, Post-op HW:194

Hiatal Hernia Repair & Revised DS to Hess Method-1/29/14- Dr. Keshishian, SW:194, CW:176, GW:130ish

PCOS w/ 2 post DS pregnancies!

T Lady
on 2/28/13 2:56 am, edited 2/28/13 2:56 am

Here's my favorite:

(I avoid artificial sweeteners and chemicals, even sucralose.  Not because my system reacts badly to them, just because I'm sort of a hippie )

20 oz blender bottle with wire ball

4 oz of cold brewed coffee concentrate (I use a toddy brewer)

3-4 oz heavy cream

1-2 oz cold water

1 scoop of NOW unflavored Whey Protein Isolate (25 grams of protein)

natural almond extract to taste.

I shake it up really well to get all clumps out and then add ice and shake some more!  No weird aftertaste! 

Original DS-1/07/09- Dr. Simper, SW: 286, LW:170, Post-op HW:194

Hiatal Hernia Repair & Revised DS to Hess Method-1/29/14- Dr. Keshishian, SW:194, CW:176, GW:130ish

PCOS w/ 2 post DS pregnancies!

TaliTali
on 3/4/13 3:50 am - Sammamish, WA

I also use a shaker cup, ice, heavy cream, 2 scoops vanilla or chocolate 100% Gold Whey protein and my secret weapon .. COFFEE. No, seriously. I use cold brew concentrate so it has a strong coffee flavor and isn'****ered down at all. It's brilliant.

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

JazzyOne9254
on 3/5/13 3:56 am, edited 3/5/13 3:56 am

Corrie’s Decaf Hazelnut Iced Coffee Nutrition Shake

Combine in  28 oz shaker bottle with round wire ball:

• 6 oz Whole Milk
  • 6 oz cold, strong Decaf Hazelnut coffee
  • 1T heavy cream
  • 2 scoops Now Sports 100% Whey Protein Isolate Powder, unflavored
  • Splenda to taste
  • 3-4 large ice cubes

Directions:  Securely screw lid onto shaker bottle, make sure drinking spout is securely fastened.  Shake until powder is completely dissolved and blended into liquid.  Pop open drinking spout, insert straw, if desired. Drink.  This can be done in an electric blender, to produce a frappe-style drink, or, the bottle can be placed in the freezer and allowed to partially freeze, then shaken, to produce the same effect.

Nutritional Analysis via www.fitday.com

kcalories : 225.8     Protein : 53.9g(total), Calcium: 456 mg , Fat : 11g (total) Saturated Fat : 6.9g

(for duodenal switch patients, absorption of above is ~ 50-60%, so assume about half of calories and nutrients available are absorbed and used by the body)

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!