Let's Say Goodbye...

Calliope36
on 2/17/13 12:19 am - GA
Goodbye:
$100 bras
Lane Bryant. Womens section
high blood pressure
spanx *** on second thought I might not give these up...lol..just in a smaller size)

Guilt of being over weight... HOLLA!
A. C
on 2/17/13 1:58 am

I wish we had "LIKE" buttons on here!

Everyone have a great day!

Susie K.
on 2/19/13 6:11 pm - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

Me, too. We definitely need to suggest that to OH. It would be so much easier to post on here if OH were set up more like Facebook.

Susie

MicheleNJ
on 2/17/13 10:07 am
DS on 04/01/13

b'bye insulin 

cpap---which I still can't handle form more then a few hours at a time

plus size clothes and wide shoes   (want to wear the cute clothes and shoes)

squeezing into booths at restaruants

worrying if the chair is going to break 

not being able to ride rides with my daughter and missing out on all the fun. 

docputer
on 2/18/13 2:05 am - Topeka, KS
DS on 01/17/13

For me so far, it has been

Goodbye 400's

Goodbye 6x and 7x

Susie K.
on 2/19/13 6:10 pm - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

OMG - Just read everyone's "Goodbye Lists" -  I feel like I've found my home!!! I'm about 6 weeks away from surgery and I am SO SO READY to say goodbye to about everything y'all listed.

Goodbye to

1. having to roll over on all fours to get up off the ground from playing with my ggrandbabies
  2. to NOT having any lap room to read books to my Gbabies
  3. Sweating and out of breath after doing almost anything - walking, putting on makeup, doing hair, 
  4. Not being able to get up from the couch/chair, etc. 
  5. Not be able to ride amusement park rides with my family
  6. Seat belt extensions on airplanes & no room in normal size seats/booths of any kind
  7. Looking in the mirror and wondering who that person is
  8. Avoiding people in general - especially those who've not seen the FAT me - been this way for 17 years now
  9. My knees, hips, and back killing me
  10. Feeling SO ASHAMED and EMBARRASSED 

I could go ON & ON, but the main thing is....we all understand and I'm so ready to say goodbye to all these things, plus SO MANY more, and to say "hello" to a new improved abundant life.  It has been WAY WAY too long since I've felt that freedom.

Susie

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/13 2:21 am

Every time I read this thread I start crying. You really brought tears to my eyes this morning....

Susie K.
on 2/20/13 3:15 am - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

I know, huh?!! I felt the same way. i get teary-eyed, too. I felt such a kindred spirit with other people *****sponded to this "Goodbye List" thread. I think it may be something we ought to repost. I think I'm going too add it to my blog. That way I have it to remember & focus on. Wishing you a great day.

Susie

NewLife2013
on 2/21/13 10:18 pm

Hi Susie, I am in Dallas. I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to read your success stories!

HW 360 * SW 318 * CW 275 * GW 145 * Surgery 12/27/12 - On the way to the new me!

Susie K.
on 2/22/13 10:10 am - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

THANK YOU. Looking forward to reading your WLS story, too. Keep in touch!!

Susie