Pinch me..I'm Approved!

bhern
on 8/21/12 4:18 pm
DS on 01/21/14
So.... I just received a call from my surgeon's office and I have been approved! I am beyond thrilled, I cried tears of joy and hugged my mother.  They submitted my paperwork to my insurance company yesterday morning and by the end of the day, they had approved it. I'm not quite sure why they waited till now to call me, but I'm too excited to really care right now. I'm on cloud 9!

They wanted to give me a surgery date, but I'm going to call them back tomorrow after I talk to my husband tonite. He is also having WLS, a RNY.  He received his approval about a month before me but hasn't set a date yet either.  We wanted to try to coordinate our schedules with work and kids and trying to take care of each other post-op. 

So does anyone have any recommendations about which of us should have surgery first, taking into consideration the types of surgeries and recovery times? 

Woohoo!! 

Barbara
SW 407
CW 373
MajorMom
on 8/21/12 4:44 pm - VA
Congratulations!  It might be a good idea to give yourselves a month difference in dates. You guys will have trouble taking care of each other if you're both post-op at the same time.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Onelifetolive
on 8/22/12 7:37 am - TX
CONGRATS I just got approved Monday so I know the feeling
bhern
on 8/22/12 4:23 pm