What am I doing wrong??

Pinknurse
on 8/21/12 11:38 am - TN
DS on 07/09/12
 Hi all-
I am 6 weeks out from surgery and the last 2 weeks have only lost 1/2lb :( I really felt I was doing great the first month. At my one month post-op appt, surgeon said I was ahead of the curve, losing 10% more than expected by that time. The last 2 weeks I have began walking a mile almost every day and trying to get all my protein in daily. I am eating still only about 2oz three times a day, mostly tuna, chicken, eggs, bacon or fish. I am not sure what I am doing wrong? Is this normal at this stage and when should the weight loss pick up??

JazzyOne9254
on 8/21/12 1:40 pm
Your ticker looks like you're doing pretty good to me!

I'm pretty confident that I have a shorter common channel than you do, mine's 75cm, the shortest my doctor does.  I have often heard that the more you have to lose, the faster you lose it, and I had a helluva lot to lose!

You're doing fine.  Try to weigh yourself no more than every two weeks at first.   We learned the behavior of jumping on the scale every day, several times a day during morbid obesity and the quest to see immediate results after sitcking to a diet. 

Give it time.  You're only six weeks out.  You *will* lose the weight. 

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Jolly Rancher
on 8/21/12 1:54 pm
Not to be rude, but what does your shorter common channel have anything remotely to do with this topic?

To the OP: You are doing fine. You are picking up the exercise a bit. Muscles will retain a bit of water. Early on stalls are extremely common. Stay off the scales for a while, and focus on healing!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/12 3:55 pm
 You look like your doing fantastic! Sounds like a plateau i lost 25 lbs and i have had a couple stalls since then. You are not doing anything wrong :) it will keep coming off you do you your part and the ds will do its part congrats on the weight loss 
PatXYZ
on 8/21/12 6:43 pm
Ugh... just how much do you expect to lose each and every week? Your body needs a break, keep calm and carry on.
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Valerie G.
on 8/22/12 9:45 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 The only thing you're doing wrong is worrying about it.  You'll go through several of these stalls over the next year or so.  I found them as cues to buy new clothes.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

susieq35
on 8/22/12 12:15 pm - Espanola, NM
DS on 04/24/12

I've only lost 59 lbs in nearly 4 months so I hear you.  I was expecting to fit into a bikini by now.  Take heart from the other DS'ers comments and wait patiently.

amccu18007
on 8/22/12 6:13 pm - Newark, DE
Please stop worrying and weighing! Your body will do it's job. Make sure you take your vites and hydrate /protein and you should be fine!
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 127 views