Iron in Gummy Form?

JazzyOne9254
on 8/21/12 7:46 am, edited 8/21/12 8:13 am
Calcium Citrate with D is available at Walmart 200 pills per large bottle.  I get my Complete Multis there, too.  About 12 bucks for the two main vites, and the big bottles last a couple months, so you don't have to buy them every month.  Centrum comes in liquid form.  What you can't get OTC in liquid, your doctor can prescribe for you.

Other vites are more specialized and I order some, some are available at our local health food stores, others only through Vitalady and Lucky Vitamin online.  Lucky is a good source for whey protein or whey protein isolate in bulk.  You can get it by the 10# bag, flavored or unflavored.

Prices have skyrocketed for WPI lately, though, but my lactose intolerance requires it, so my DS food bill just went up!

Getting a pill grinder and grinding your vites into a powder (cut them, then grind) and put them into something like applesauce, or even your shake might help get them in.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

route66hello
on 8/24/12 11:58 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12
Hi,

I was wondering why they recommend both:

Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Chewy Bites-- carmel, chocolate, lemon, rapsberry--(6 a day for D.S.ers)

Calcet Citrate Creamy bites-- lemon or chocolate--( 4 a day for D.S. ers)

Are they not both Calcium or perhaps I don't know what word Calcet means?

Thanks for the help, Terri
Sandra C.
on 8/24/12 1:31 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 You dont need to get both. You could vary them by having different ones throughout the day. they taste like candy. Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate chewy bites have splenda, the Calcet calcium doesnt. Be careful to take enough vitamins to keep your labs in the normal range. I became way too high in Vitamin B12, just by having too many gummies. Look into the side effects of overdose of vitamins. The body will only use so much at a time with elimination of  unnecessary amounts. Some vitamins are stored, these can reach unhealthy amounts. Your labs will be your guide.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

route66hello
on 8/25/12 4:28 pm - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12
Thanks again. I just had the annual labs drawn even though I am at 6 months. I go on Sept 18th to review and will take it from there. Thanks again! Terri
JazzyOne9254
on 8/20/12 4:52 pm, edited 8/21/12 8:41 am
My program counsels against gummy vites PERIOD!

DSer's need dry vites, and if not tolerated well, liquid.  Liquid vites for DSer's if the only type used are extremely expensive, just based on the amount we have to take. A 16 oz bottle would last you about 2 1/2 weeks, unless of course you could get it by the half gallon at a reasonable price.  I use liquids to supplement dry if I'm combatting a moderate deficiency, but my primary vites are dry tablets and capsules.  I cut the tablets and caplets into fourths using a pill splitter, avaialable at any drugstore or Walmart.

I take the capsules first.   Dry A and D capsules are very small, and the largest capsule I take is omeprazole, an acid reducer.  I take my vites and Creon together (digestive supplement - helps absorption, my doctor prescribed it early out due to some eating issues I was having).  It may take a few minutes for you to get them all down, but keep trying.  And make sure you get some of those medicine cups like they have at the hosptial;.  You can find them on eBay, or at a home health care store near you.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

route66hello
on 8/21/12 1:59 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12
Thanks again for the words of caution against the gummies. For me they are starting point as I try and get more and more pills down. Thanks again, Terri
Huneypie
on 8/21/12 5:15 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
You've said in other threads that you're 5 months out and that you can't swallow vitamins.  This isn't normal - you should contact your surgeon about this, you may need an upper GI to find out what's up.

You can get the Vitalady mostly chewable pre-packaged 90 day vites for DSers, I'd go with those as if chewable is an option then it'll be in that bundle.  It'll also be in the correct quantities and the right form for us.

I know you already got a 90 day starter pack from Vitalady, but if that's the non chewable ones then you can always use those later once you've sorted out your swallowing problem so they won't go to waste.

You need to sort this out ASAP as you can end up with A LOT of problems if you don't supplement post DS.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

route66hello
on 8/21/12 7:14 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12
Hi,

I did not see that Vitalady had any gummies. Let me check the site again! Thanks

> You can get the Vitalady mostly chewable pre-packaged 90 day vites for DSers, I'd go with those as > if chewable is an option then it'll be in that bundle.  It'll also be in the correct quantities and the right
> form for us.

Huneypie
on 8/21/12 7:39 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
I'm not sure if they're necessarily gummies, as it says that they're mostly chewables.  Click on this link https://vitalady.com/vitanews/starter-packages/ 
and then click on  DRNY, ERNY, BPD and DS in mostly chewable 90 day supply $384.97 
she also sells pill crushers, so if you're not feeling like going out you can add one to your trolley here http://www.vitalady.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&k ey=7225X001 

I must sound like I work for her but it's costing me a small fortune in shipping and import duty to get Vitalady in the UK!! :-S

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

route66hello
on 8/21/12 9:36 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12
Thanks for the link. I found the chewables so once I use up what I have that will be my next try. I am also having the 6 month labs done this week so I can see where I am. Thanks again, Terri
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 128 views