delete

Shrinking_Kathy
on 8/19/12 1:52 pm, edited 10/3/12 2:20 pm - Mesquite, TX
 Delete
MajorMom
on 8/19/12 3:52 pm - VA
Teachmid, "Gail" comes on this board and might respond. She was revised by Dr Keshishian in CA. Who is your surgeon?

Also, many DSrs are on a private Facebook group or proboards. If you're interested, I can give you the links.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Shrinking_Kathy
on 8/19/12 4:48 pm - Mesquite, TX
MajorMom
on 8/19/12 5:38 pm - VA
I saw the intereaction over there. Just know they are trying to help you. Please listen to them.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

clpeltz
on 8/19/12 5:39 pm
Dr. Barker is NOT a vetted RNY-DS revision surgeon.  Please, do your research and choose wisely.  He may be the nicest guy in the world, but he is NOT qualified to do this complicated surgery.  A poster above gave you a few names.  There is also Dr. Buchwald in MN.  As she said, there are only a handful of surgeons that you should go to for this surgery.  Choose wisely!

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

teachmid
on 8/19/12 5:33 pm - OKC, OK
Kathy,
Dr. Keshishian did my RNY to DS revision in 12/10. It is very complex surgery and there are only a few surgeons in the world who do them. In this country the top two are Drs Keshishian and Raklin, both in California. Dr. Roslin has done some and so has Dr. Stewart, I believe.

Weight loss is slower in general after a revision. Just something to keep in mind.

Start with reading DSFacts.com. Good luck
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

larra
on 8/19/12 6:21 pm - bay area, CA
Revising RNY to DS is not the same as doing a virgin DS. It's a much more complex and challenging surgery, as the entire RNY has to be taken apart, the stomach has to be put back together, and THEN the DS sleeve is created. So I don't mean to say anything against Dr. Barker when I say that he may not have experience with this surgery despite his other bariatric surgery experience.

Dr. Stewart in Denton, TX would be the closest to you that has done this surgery. Other excellent surgeons have already been named. I would recommend you consult with Dr. Stewart. At the very, very least, ask Dr. Barker specifically what experience he has with RNY to DS revisions and go from there.

Larra
route66hello
on 8/19/12 10:24 pm - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12
Please check Dr. John Rabkin http://www.paclap.com/. He did mine in March 2012. He is one of the few surgeons to do this type of surgery and still I had major complications. Do your research and pick one of the few vetted surgeons even if you do have to travel. Best of luck. Terri

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/12 10:29 am
You need a vetted, experienced surgeon for this kind of revision.  It's no joke.

Please, consider your choice carefully. 
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 127 views