Having some weird symptoms

challie
on 8/6/12 11:25 pm
Yes I had suspected this too but my doctor tested and confirmed that my hormone levels do not suggest menopause yet (Although I am in the right age range).

Sandra C.
on 8/6/12 1:36 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 Sounds like thyroid, especially the brain fog, memory, and fatigue. I am hypothyroid. Synthroid helps emensely, ask your PCP to add the thyroid to your usual blood test-- T3, T4, & TSH.
Help for hypothroid-- B,D,C, calcium,magnesium, selenium. You may be low in some of your labs, check it out. At the beginning of the summer I felt increses in my symptoms. my blood test showed high salt, which is dehydration my PCP explained. More fluid helped me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

Amy W.
on 8/7/12 9:54 am - Buckeye, AZ
That's what I said, but she said that they checked it and it's fine.

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

its-killen-me
on 8/6/12 4:19 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
Have you been sleeping good, any sleep apnoea problems, depression can cause most of these symptoms. Disorientation is scarry, try to make your doctor run more tests.
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
challie
on 8/7/12 7:47 am
Depression is a possibility too.  I have been kind of on and off mood wise.

kathy215
on 8/6/12 11:51 pm
You could be dehydrated, try upping your fluids. Also I have been hypothyroid for many many years and since I had the DS it's been hard regulating my tSH level, the Dr thinks I am not absorbing my synthroid. That may be an issue for you also.

Good luck.
Huneypie
on 8/6/12 11:53 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Bloating later in the day would point the finger at food.  Intolerances creep up slowly, so it's worth checking your carbs, artificial sweetener (even sugar free gum can cause problems) and powdered milk.  Just coz somethingh was OK once doesn't mean it won't change.

Are there any food differences you can identify between your bloat and no bloat days?  If not it could be due to something you're only slightly intolerant to.  Eg you get away with a bit one day, but by the second day your body's decided it's too much.

I'm not a vites expert so can't advise there, but you seem to have had some good advice for the brain fog which sounds vitamin related.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

determineddanni
on 8/7/12 12:57 am
i agree with the carbs and the bloating. your body might not like something even if it is in small amounts. also you could try to get some good probiotics to help as well, make sure you have good flora in there.

2nd it sounds like thyroid but... honestly it could be a many things. fyi normal labs on thyroid doesn't really mean much, you can still suffer from thyroid problems with normal labs. (this happened to me as well) a good endo will treat symptoms not lab numbers on thyroid issues (if thats what it is)

i hope you feel better

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

challie
on 8/7/12 7:49 am
Ok great suggestions.  Thanks everyone.  I will follow up with possible depression or thyroid issues for the brain fog and do an elimination diet re the carbs to find out what is causing the bloating..

Thanks guys!

Amy W.
on 8/7/12 9:58 am - Buckeye, AZ
HmMMmM... what about insulin resistance? And you're right, it could be depression too.
Also, many patients become very sensitive to gluten. Cut out ALL white/wheat flour and I'm sure it will help a lot! 

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 126 views