Having some weird symptoms

challie
on 8/6/12 9:22 am
I have been having a couple of weird symptoms recently. One is that my abdomen (both upper and lower) have been getting hard and bloated several times a week, later in the day and I have been gassier than usual. Although I have been eating some carbs, there has been no change in my eating so I'm not sure that carbs are the problem.

The other issue is that I feel mentally disoriented. I am unfocused and have poor concentration, poor memory and fatigue. It almost feel like anxiety because I feel so jittery and scattered. If I don't have coffee in the morning I am severely irritable and cannot function or get anything done.

I don't think these two issues are related but has anyone had similar issues and figured out the cause?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

teachmid
on 8/6/12 9:26 am - OKC, OK
What are your labs and your vitamin regimen?
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

challie
on 8/6/12 9:53 am
Just recently got my labs back and everything was normal except all of my B vitamins are high.

I'm on vitalady's vitamin regime.

teachmid
on 8/6/12 10:09 am - OKC, OK
Sorry. No other real ideas. Hope you feel better.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Amy W.
on 8/6/12 11:32 am - Buckeye, AZ
Have you had your thyroid checked?

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

challie
on 8/6/12 11:23 pm
Yes it was checked reccently and is fine.

Jolly Rancher
on 8/6/12 11:41 am
Bloating is likely carbs. Even if you are eating small amount of carbs, they can cause bloating. They do for me.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
challie
on 8/7/12 7:46 am
Yes, I guess it could be that something is giving me a bad reaction that I wasn't having before.  THis would explain the bloating.  I will try eating very low carb for a few days and see if that solves the problem.  If so, I will have to figure out what carbs are causing it.

Amy W.
on 8/7/12 9:53 am - Buckeye, AZ

Don't cut out all carbs, but cut out all gluten.(All white/wheat flour)

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

sevencats
on 8/6/12 1:29 pm
Kinda hate to ask but...how old are you?  The other issue you mentioned--disorientation, lack of focus, poor memory, etc.--were the first (and only) symtoms I had of perimenopause.  I spent a few years in a fog before I changed to a doctor who told me what was happening.   I don't know if the DS has an effect on estrogen...
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 125 views