5 days out & feeling FINE!

MarySarrica
on 8/4/12 9:44 am - Concord, CA
DS on 07/30/12

(xposted, wherever I frequest)

I am 5 days out today.

Had my surgery Monday afternoon, came home Wednesday afternoon.

I know some people have hated this time, but really I'm AMAZED!
I have virtually no issues.
I cant really bend "forward" due to minor swelling/soreness. The protein powder I chose (though tasty enough) gives be a little bout of nausea when I have it (a little pre-emptive nausea pill fixed that right up) If I take no pain killer I have a little "stitch in the side" feeling (feels like where my gallbladder used to be) but its barely and issue if I medicate.

I have been out to the store, and at home am doing all my regular simple tasks (getting drinks for myself, pouring my daughter a bowl of cereal, wiping the counter down, etc) though being mindful not to move too much too fast

I'm getting in 50-80 oz fluids a day. I am not struggling to drink.
So far I've been just having a little bit of applesauce, yogurt, pintos & cheese, pudding or saltines every so often and at meal times. I'm so really really not hungry I  could almost do without but I feel best with a little something every few hours.

I am in great spirits, I have great amounts of energy am feeling very happy with my decision. I can feel my body getting smaller already. Literally, on my neck, my arms...
No buyers remorse here, I already LOVE my DS!
I cant wait to heal to be able to take full advantage of how GREAT I really feel!

-Mary

MajorMom
on 8/4/12 9:59 am - VA
Excellent!!!  This is the way it should go. I'm so happy for you. :)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 8/4/12 10:44 am - OKC, OK
Amazing! I'm so glad for you.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

skinnime12
on 8/4/12 10:52 am
WOW!! I'm really impressed! Make sure you rest a lot even if you feel so good. You made me less nervous for my DS... I know everybody has a unique experience but it's nice to hear such positive and encouraging words!!
buffalobillsfan
on 8/4/12 1:19 pm - CA
That's awesome Mary!  I had an easy recovery too and kept waiting for the other shoe to drop.  After almost 3 years, it still hasn't.  Congrats on your successful journey!

Auburnmist
on 8/5/12 3:15 am - TX
 Congrats!! I pray my recovery goes this smooth. 
 [url=  
MarySarrica
on 8/5/12 11:02 am - Concord, CA
DS on 07/30/12
Thanks all! I wish those with upcoming dates all the best. The DS is the BEST!
Debby B.
on 8/6/12 12:14 am
Mary,

This is my first time posting on any of these boards, I review them every so often to see if I can find info pertaining to myself ....and...well....I am now post op too.  Same day in and out as you!   I could almost echo all of your experience (the little pain in the right where your gall bladder used to be) with the exception of the soft foods you're consuming.  Haven't been "ok'd" to do that just yet.  Today is my one week follow up.   When is yours?

So far so good...looking forward to a very bright (and light) future!

Congratulations to you !!

Debby
nurse55
on 8/7/12 6:18 pm
DS on 09/11/12
So happy for you!!! You give me great hope for a smooth recovery...my date is 9/11

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 125 views