DS partII 11 days out is chili OK?

Huneypie
on 8/3/12 8:48 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
I'm meant to be having soft food, but there's only so much fish a girl can have. DH would be happy to make me a very mild chili for tonight.

We wouldn't add any kidney beans and I'd use a slatted spoon to strain out a lot of the tomato. I'd dollop on plenty of Greek yogurt to up the protein and lessen the tomato acid. We'd use full fat beef mince so it's extra tender.

BTW I had a double sausage egg McMuffin with mayo, no bun for breakfast today and am OK so far.

TIA!

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 8/3/12 9:03 pm - VA
Chili is a great choice. Go for it!

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 8/3/12 10:19 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Yippee!!  I was concerned about the acid from the tomato, so I'm happy as I was starting to lose the will to live.  THANKS!! ;-D

Yeah for DH too MWUAH.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 8/4/12 2:34 am - VA
 I think the fear of a little tomato acid is over done. Try it and see how you do.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

determineddanni
on 8/4/12 3:03 am
I did Wendy's chilli early out and YUMMY!!! If its not to spicy go for it! Also load on the melted chz!

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

Huneypie
on 8/4/12 4:27 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
What I had wasn't quite chili in the end. It was fairly runny with very well minced beef with a sort of gravey and a tiny amount of tomato.  I had it an hour ago and am still feeling fine. ;-)

I  my DS  

Valerie G.
on 8/5/12 3:07 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I wouldn't even bother straining anything out.  Just chew it really well.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Huneypie
on 8/6/12 5:50 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Thanks I had some more today! ;-)

I  my DS  

ClairM13
on 8/6/12 5:25 am

I believe I lived off of chili for the first couple months. Add the beans, they're full of protein! 

I never thought of using yogurt instead of sour cream! Good Idea!

Huneypie
on 8/6/12 5:52 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Good to know.  I just have Greek yogurt in the house so it's the easy option.

I  my DS  

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 125 views