Too malabsorptive???

JazzyOne9254
on 8/13/12 4:08 pm, edited 8/14/12 4:37 am

I get nine pages with full labs..when I get my own deficiencies solved (see Infusion post), I will post my labs.

Right now, my labs are an example of what not to do!

Most DSers have to be extremely proactive with their health, and able to advocate for themselves.  Personality plays a big part in how my surgeon chooses candidates for the DS. I would love to see the psych profiles of folks who didn't make the cut.  I'd lay odds they're introverts.

I don't know ANY introverted DSers who came through my hospital's program, and my surgeon is the only one who performs the DS, as well as the other bariatric surgeries in their program.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Dave B.
on 8/5/12 3:57 pm - Windsor, Canada
Thanks for the advice, Sandra.  I actually don't want a revision away from the DS.  I just wonder if a common channel revision to 100cm would give me better absorption of the food I'm eating.  Lately I've challenged myself - as another poster suggested - to injest about 200g of protein per day.  It's a real challenge.  Funny enough, the pop really doesn't seem to fill me up.  At least no more than water would.  I worry a little that if I get off it completely I'll start to lose weight...  Only one way to find out. 
JazzyOne9254
on 8/13/12 4:12 pm, edited 8/13/12 4:26 pm

With all that pop, I'm surpised you don't have constant diarrhea from the sugar! I know I would! 

Of course, my common channel is 75 cm, the shortest normal my doctor does.  I asked for shorter, but as it turned out, that's how I measured out.  I'm on Creon for life, and have been since I was three months out!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Valerie G.
on 8/5/12 3:15 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Another cause of the breath might be sinus or dental factors.
I'm a diet coke junkie myself, but couldn't imagine ingesting that much sugar.   If you're not underweight, I wouldn't be so worried about considering a revision, for there are risks to going back under the knife.  I'd be working instead on other ways to get up the nutrition.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

LosingSally
on 8/7/12 2:35 pm
May sound strange and offend some, but I have always noticed that people's breath, and even natural body smell is different according to diet.
For example, vegetarians smell different to me, not bad! just different.
Asians for example who eat their own cutural foods and spices are the same ( for me) as well as Arabs, Indians,  and your average American junk food junkie.
So your breath may be normal for your body and the diet you eat these days.
Creon may be helpful to absorb more of the foods you eat.
Best wishes.
Jaiart
on 8/13/12 9:39 pm - MI
I met a man in my doctor's office today that had the same issue. He wound up having the revision though. Hopefully you won't need to do that.
Beam me up Scottie
on 8/14/12 6:47 pm
I'd highly recommend going on Vitalady's vitamin regime (www.vitalady.com). It would certainly help with your vit levels. In addition, I'd recommend starting to drink 2 or 3 protein shakes per day. It will help you build muscle.
MsBatt
on 8/14/12 6:57 pm
On August 15, 2012 at 1:47 AM Pacific Time, Beam me up Scottie wrote:
I'd highly recommend going on Vitalady's vitamin regime (www.vitalady.com). It would certainly help with your vit levels. In addition, I'd recommend starting to drink 2 or 3 protein shakes per day. It will help you build muscle.
Hey, stranger! How have you been doing?
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 126 views