Holy Vitamins Batman!

jennyrenny
on 8/2/12 3:49 am - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
I am being switched in 9 days (gulp) and I just got my vitamin regimen from Vitalady. Wow, soooo many pills. It really hammers home how much I am changing my body. It's a bit scary really. However, I managed to choke them all back, and will continue to do so.

I was wondering what people did around the time of their surgery. Did you take your vitamins right up until your surgery date? And once the surgery is over, do you wait until you are on solids to resume taking them. Perhaps my surgeon will address this, but any advice would be appreciated.
* Gail R *
on 8/2/12 4:09 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Your surgeon will most likely have you discontinue most of your medications and supplements for days or weeks before surgery. We ds not usually begin the vitamins and supplements until we can easily tolerate them. That is often a couple of weeks after surgery. Most important is hydration.
The doses of the vitamins you have are formulated for post surgery when we do not absorb as much. I don't know but you might be overdosing by taking them preDS.
Good luck with your up coming adventure!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Huneypie
on 8/2/12 4:38 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Ask your surgeon when you can re-start.  Mine wanted me to start @ ~10 days out, but I've not had my stomach re-done, so I can imagine that you'll be longer.

Introduce the iron and calcium slowly as they can constipate you.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

teachmid
on 8/2/12 5:15 am - OKC, OK
Other than multi vits, I didn't really start working into my vitamin regimen until about a month out. Even then I went pretty slowly and felt pretty overwhelmed for a while. Now it's second nature.

Best wishes. Stay busy and breathe.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Valerie G.
on 8/2/12 9:38 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I only took a multi before my surgery.  Be careful, for these dosages are for malabsorbers.  Many of the vitamins are peed out if you take more than you need, but some, (D and iron come to mind) are toxic if overdosed.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

TravelingMomofTwo
on 8/3/12 10:50 pm
I had the same thought when I got my Vitalady package. It didn't help that I got a couple of family comments too about the sheer numbers. Freaks me out too...

I had my DS 7/25 and at 9 days out just startedmretaking prescription meds. I'll take vitamins but I know at this stage the 13 required sips of water at a sitting (for example) would make me fill up with water or gag. My goal is to start 1 month out.
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 125 views