10 days out from surgery!

Wendy_Berd
on 8/2/12 6:02 am - Minneapolis, MN
DS on 07/23/12
I had my surgery on 7/23/2012 after what seemed like a forver waiting period... 
I made good use of the time- I lost 60 pounds pre-op! :) 

The morning of the surgery I weighed 251... when I came out I weighed 256! 

I've lost the extra weight plus another 11 pounds.. 

But I am thinking I should lay off the scale- it will just make me crazy for a while.. 

I am working hard at getting my liquids in and a friend told me about these protein shots... you get 42 g of protein in 3.8 oz?!  Sounded awesome until I tried it- it tastes awful!  :) 

my tastebuds in general seem to be completely out of whack. 

The biggest thing that has been a challenge is resting-- I am trying to lay low but I have a hard time! 

Just checking in to say hey! No big news- but I am excited about the future-- and praying I don't lose my hair. :) 

teachmid
on 8/2/12 6:41 am - OKC, OK
Congratulations on your success so far. This early out just concentrate on fluids. My understanding is that the protein shots don't have the right protein for us, an inferior source.

I think I really didn't start protein drinks until about a month out. Yes!! Stay off the scale. Of course that's easy for me to say now. *chuckling*.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

skinnime12
on 8/2/12 7:03 am
It's awesome that you seem to be doing so great!! I'm so excited but so so nervous for mine on the 29th. It is always great to hear of a smooth recovery
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/12 8:59 am
Glad you are recovering well. Keep us posted!
Auntie_Annie
on 8/2/12 9:31 am - PA
DS on 08/20/12
Glad to hear it went well!
"Switched" 8/20/12
HW: 419
SW: 403
CW: 359
fattynNC
on 8/2/12 11:33 am
DS on 08/28/12
"Yes Whey" protein shots has the right kind of protein (pure whey protein) but you have to order them online.  "New Whey" protein shots has the wrong kind of protein but it is available widely like at Walmart.
TravelingMomofTwo
on 8/3/12 10:36 pm
I had one of those shots too-disgusting! I even tried mixing them. Ugh. I literally could not get 1 down (and this was Pre-surgery!). I had my DS 7/25 so we are close. I'm still very sore but it got better for me about 9 days out. Puréed foods (or softer foods) has helped my mood. Hard to be trapped inside during the summer...

I struggled quite a bit with nausea and dry heaving so recently had temporarily laid off the protein shakes. I just would get sick forcing them down and then couldn't even ANY food. It felt like I was defeating the purpose...My taste buds ARE totally out of whack as is my sense of smell. It's intense.
Huneypie
on 8/4/12 2:02 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Hey Wendy you're almost my surgery sister (you're a day ahead).  I hope you recover well.  I keep saying that I need to stay off the scale, but it's hard not too.  When you lose that much in such little time a stall must be close round the corner!! :-S

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 125 views