Depressed, Discouraged, My Mind is Blown

lololo25
on 8/2/12 2:01 pm
 I had the 2nd part of DS done in April (I failed VSG).  After the 2nd part  I lost 11 pounds right away and then another 10 ish maybe.  I was weighing myself every day for a while and decided to stop because it was driving my crazy.  I just went to the Doctor today becuase I was worried that I might have a UTI and of course I got weighed.  I had not weighed myself in 2 months and I had been feeling good.   I was feeling like I must be getting skinnier...I was feeling more confident..  like I must be losing weight... The scale actually went up from the last time I weighed myself! (so really I only lost weight the first month... now NOTHING).  I have had a stressful past couple months as I have moved to a new state all alone, started a new job, had to live in a horrible shack for a while due to housing issues where i live and not being willing to give up my dog, My car breaking down twice and paying over 1600 to fix that ... Is it stress? Is this surgery really not working for me?  Did I mess this up already?  My non wls sister started dieting shortly after I got the 2nd part of the DS and she has been doing way better then me in the weight loss department.. I am feeling like a complete failure and joke... this was my last hope.  I have been watching carbs but i dont worry about the fat.  Is that the problem?  I joined the gym today and I am going to start making sure to get my hour in every day but if that doesnt help I think there is no hope for me.. I really cant believe that I went through so much and still stuck in the same place.  Blows my mind big time.  I have not heard of any stories with such early and long stall in weight loss. Is there anyone who experienced this so early out?So beyond frustrated and scared.. 

teachmid
on 8/2/12 9:16 pm - OKC, OK
I totally understand your frustration. What are you eating? How is your water intake? Please join us on the daily vites and bites thread. Remember scales are different.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Valerie G.
on 8/2/12 9:31 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 2-stage DS weight loss is much different than those who get it all at once.  You're not a lost cause, but don't compare yourself to those who got virgin DS's.  Take a good hard look at what you're consuming.  Fat is not a problem - but carbs are.  As a VSG, you diet like a normal person, but with the DS, you need to alter that.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Huneypie
on 8/2/12 9:59 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
So sorry about your concerns, as a fellow 2 stepper I share them 2.

Interestingly you say that you felt like you were getting skinnier and maybe you have in inches - how are your clothes fitting?  I often see DSers quote what *I* consider to be high weights (considerably higher than I'd guess them to be) and I suspect that maybe they have a better muscle to fat ratio - just a thought.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

buffalobillsfan
on 8/2/12 11:59 pm - CA
I do think that high levels of stress could be a contributor to your problem.  You didn't say how much you lost already or what you weigh now and your goal weight.  What is your total percentage of weight loss at this point?  You might be fine.  This 2nd part may be a slow but steady weight loss.  At some points I was losing 3-4 lbs a month but over several months it added up to a lot.  Just get your protein and liquids in first, start doing some intentional exercise and reduce the stress (easy to say right?!)

I especially wanted to commend you for living in a shack to keep your dog!!!!!!  I work at a shelter and every day we get several calls from people trying to relinquish their animals because of housing.  You are my hero!!!!!!!      It breaks my heart that people don't try harder.  I wish you much success.

Cheers,
Cathy

Huneypie
on 8/3/12 6:00 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Buffalobillsfan having someone who halved their body weight say that there were times they lost 3-4lbs per month is re-assuring.  Thanks ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

larra
on 8/3/12 1:52 am - bay area, CA
Stress definitely interferes with weight loss and can even lead to weight gain. And it sounds like you have had more than your share of stress lately!
     Stick to low low carb, eat plenty of protein, and don't worry about fat. Do whatever you can to lessen the stress in your life. And most important, don't give up hope.

Larra
-Amanda-
on 8/3/12 4:01 am
Sorry to hear about all this but i too was a slow loser and in the first month hardly
lost anything , i could tell my Dr. was even a little confused by this but i did lose inches, i have been losing slowly but surley, dont feel bad . we are all different.
SwitchandScores24
on 8/5/12 5:33 pm - OK
I had that problem to when I first had my Ds done. Very discouraging for about 2 months. But maybe we just have a strong resistance to lOsing weight, endocrine wise. Ill drop then sustain and then drop again. But my body and weight both don't reflect the same thing. Just be patient and think the slower you lose the longer it will stay off. You did this to be healthy to for a number on the scale or on the back of your jeans.
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 125 views