I want to be prepared!

skinnime12
on 7/29/12 2:13 pm

Hi guys and gals...

I am trying to be as prepared as possible for my upcoming DS surgery, so I was wondering if anybody would  be willing to help me out with a shopping list/checklist of what I need to have at home before the big  day. I am creating a binder of information with recipes, tips, different protein supplements, etc. so that when I get home from surgery I have something to refer to....sort of a no-brainer, go-to guide.

I am so overwhelmed with emotions...having bouts of anxiety, fear, all that fun crap ;) I feel like I have so much to do and so many things to still learn. I am needing a little extra support right now. Thank you all so much!

skinnime12
on 7/29/12 3:43 pm
I'm realizing that I may be coming off as helpless...not my intent. I don't need a checklist handed to me, in my research I have found fantastic info from previous posts and have them bookmarked. I have anxiety issues and sometimes during particularly bad attacks I panic. Thanks for bearing with me...Ay yi yi!
tina M.
on 7/29/12 5:54 pm - sciez, France
 I understand how you feel, I was in that same state of mind back a few years ago.  The only things I really needed from home were slippers, comfy clothes and chap stick.  For the first month after surgery I ate alot of soup and the occasional tuna and crackers.  I wish you lots of luck and relax.  Its not an easy road to start, but you can do it, and its worth it.

Huneypie
on 7/29/12 7:17 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Gyla's advice is good.  I was switched 6 days ago and had waaay too much stuff that I didn't use.  As I'm already sleeved I thought I'd eat about the same as pre-op, but I was pretty bloated and swollen and that left less room for food.

Today's my first full day home and I'm just having some Greek yoghurt and low sugar jelly for breakfast

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

rcarper1965
on 7/30/12 5:41 am - OH
 You are not alone in the scared department.  I have my surgery tomorrow.  As I am not as nervous as I thougt I would be today, I am still pretty nervous.  The surgeon's office gave me a big binder book with all kinds of info from what to expect before and after surgery to nutrition and vitamins.  I just took the list off what was allowed to eat and drink and bought a little of everything so I will have a variety when i get home.  I wish you all the best.  Just have faith that everything will be oaky.  That's what I am trying to do.  It's a big step but well worth it in the long run.  Good luck.

skinnime12
on 7/30/12 8:31 am
I will be thinking about you tomorrow and sending you lots of positive vibes! Good luck and you will do great!

skinnime12
on 8/1/12 5:42 am
I was just checking up on you...how are you? Did surgery go well? Anyways, I am thinking about you and sending virtual hugs!

skinnime12
on 7/30/12 8:32 am
Thank you and I hope your recovery goes smoothly!

Huneypie
on 7/30/12 6:49 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
It's my weekiversary today, so far so good.  Thanks, I'm just a little sore, bloated and tired but nothing out of the ordinary for such a big op.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

skinnime12
on 7/31/12 11:53 am
Well if you ever want a friend to chat with, message me! It is so hard to talk to even my bff about this stuff cause, though she has had periods of being heavy, she has no idea what it is like to be battling this your whole life.

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 124 views