2 days for Approval and Surgery Scheduled!

blondediva88
on 7/27/12 12:23 am - Milwaukee, WI
DS on 08/28/12
I’m really excited so I thought I’d share! I got my insurance approval in 2 days and scheduled surgery for August 28th! I’m really happy and excited, but nervous at the same time… Is it weird the thing I’m most afraid of is getting a catheter? Lol I have never had surgery before so I’m pretty freaked out!
Anyway.. I'll probably be a lot more active on the forum once I have the surgery so I look forward to getting to know some of you and appreciate the support!
Auntie_Annie
on 7/27/12 2:28 am - PA
DS on 08/20/12
Congrats!!  It only took a couple of days to get my surgery approved as well.  Like you, I haven't had a major surgery before (except for tonsils as a toddler and reconstructive surgery on my nose after a fall when I was 8).  I am the week before you, August 20.  We can be forum recovery buddies! 
"Switched" 8/20/12
HW: 419
SW: 403
CW: 359
Huneypie
on 7/27/12 2:40 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
I just got switched (only part 2) and didn't have a catheter.  I'm not sure what the norm is but I'm sure others will pipe in.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

songbird177
on 7/27/12 3:11 am - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12
Congrats!

MajorMom
on 7/27/12 3:46 am - VA
Excellent! Congratulations!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 7/27/12 7:12 am - OKC, OK
WOW, that was fast! Congrats. Usually the catheter is put in after you're asleep.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

foolishgrrl_1
on 7/27/12 8:29 am
VSG on 03/11/13
I've had a few surgeries with catheters, it's really not as bad as you might imagine.  It was mentioned that they usually put it in after you are asleep, but even it you have to get one while awake, it's mildly uncomfortable and just weird,  but wasn't painful in my experience.

I wish you well in your journey, how exciting for you!
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/12 9:00 am
thats awesome!!!! I'm still playing the waiting game on the approval but I did get a date for the 17th...so i can relate as far as that goes..and also the surgery part..this will be my first too...my mom just got her gastric bypass done the 16th and is down 23 lbs already its nuts...i wish you so much luck and fyi she said her catheter was put in after they put her to sleep..but she was awake when they took it out..lol but i cant wait to hear about your surgery and see you losing weight!!!!

blondediva88
on 7/27/12 10:49 am - Milwaukee, WI
DS on 08/28/12
 Thanks for the congrats everyone!
Good luck to Annie the week before me! We should definitely stay in touch.
And leinaala, hope you get your approval soon! 

The part with the catheter that I'm worried about is if I'm awake when they take it out or if I have to walk around with it... I just cannot imagine what that would feel like! 
If anyone has anymore insight into this, please let me know... Seems like a weird thing to be worried about, but for some reason its the only thing that freaks me out.

rcarper1965
on 7/27/12 6:13 pm - OH
 Congrats on the approval.  I am scheduled for surgery July 31st.  I too and am little freaked about the cath.  Being a man, I just don't like that idea at all.  But I guess it has to be doen. LOL  I also keep asking myself if I can really do this?  I am more worried about the after care than anything else.  I have failed at so many diets that I am worried with the after diet of the surgery.  I know I won't have any choice.  I am also worried about moving around more.  I do little exercise now and know I will have to do more after surgery.  Not only to stop blood clots and pnemonia, but also to help me heal and lose weight.  This entire process went fast for me.  I started researching in May of this year and now have a surgery date scheduled.  Three days away.  I am nervous as all get out.  I also fight with Bipolar, anxiety and depression.  So the thought process for me is crazy.  I have so many things going through my mind.  For instance, not trying to get TMI, but how bad are the runs after surgery?  I have had the runs for a month pre surgery from a nervous stomach.  I finally got it settled down a little with the pre surgery diet.  I have lost over 20lbs since I seen the surgeon.  This should make him happy.  Good luck with your surgery.  May God be with you all the way.  
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 124 views