DS surgeons in Mexico???

Starfighter
on 7/27/12 2:30 am - Surprise, AZ
Yes you are right. I ahd the sleeve done in 2010 and the ds switch done by Dr.Alejandro lopez this past may. hope that clears it up.
6penningtons
on 12/4/12 12:56 am - MO
DS on 12/12/12

Honestly not sure what people consider to be a "vetted" surgeon. According to his office, Dr. Lopez has done over 350 DS surgeries.  Everyone I talk to gives me different numbers on what it takes to be considered "vetted". There are a lot of people on this site that mean well, but have a very closed mind.  If you are going to MX for surgery you are probably doing more research on your surgeon than many people who are having them done in the US.  There is a bad stereotype for mexico in my opinion.  I have chosen Dr. Lopez to do my DS, and am more than confident that he is more than capable of doing a great job. I don't put my faith in the opinions of people who have done little research on a particular surgeon, and only say they haven't "heard of" someone in particular.  I am more than aware that this is a dangerous surgery, and that a good surgeon can make the difference, but don't discourage someone from using a surgeon unless you really know who and what you are talking about. Also, just because you had surgery 5+ years ago, doesn't make you an expert on every surgeon out there. Also, I don't trust one website (DSFACTS) to cover every surgeon, or to be completely up to date. Just my opinion.  We each have to decide on which surgery is best for us, as well as which surgeon and location is best. Love the encouragement of these boards, but sometimes the negativity and closed mindednes really drives me nuts.

Age: 34; Ht: 5'2; High Wt: 190; Goal Wt: 120; DS by Dr. Lopez 12/12/12

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 125 views