New Here. 2 years post OP...gained 7 pounds!!

cwejmom
on 7/25/12 5:16 am
HI.  I am new here.  I am 2 years post op the 31 of Aug.  I went from 300 to 140 in a year.  I maintained 140 until now.  I went to my PCP and have gained 7 pounds!!

What??

I will admit that my taste for sweets is returning, but I didn't think it had hit THAT hard!!

Help!

MG
2 Years post DS
St Wt 300ibl  Current Wt 140lbs
MG 
2 Years Post Surgery 
St Wt. 300lbs  Current Wt. 140

tina M.
on 7/25/12 6:58 pm - sciez, France
I gain 7 lbs just from looking at a potato or a piece of cake. :)
Im sure if you cut those extra simple sugars out for a week or so you will see that melt back off.

teachmid
on 7/25/12 9:36 pm - OKC, OK
Back to basics....protein firs****er and limit the carbs to 50gm per day. You might join the bites thread and post what you're eating.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Valerie G.
on 7/25/12 9:48 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
10-20 lb bounceback is very common, so I'm not sweating at all about a little 7 lbs.  You can lose that easily enough.  Just go back to basics. 

I'm 7 years out and did a little regaining this year, but it mostly went to my butt and boobs.  At first I was devastated that I needed to buy new size pants for the first time in years, but I love the way my shirts look.  I think I'm going to try keeping this new size for a bit and see if I can get over the number.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

cwejmom
on 7/26/12 4:19 am
Thanks guys!  You are very encouraging!  PROTEIN.  Lay off the am bagel!!
MG 
2 Years Post Surgery 
St Wt. 300lbs  Current Wt. 140

Amy W.
on 7/27/12 12:06 pm - Buckeye, AZ
Yeah! I think a bagel alone has 50 carbs! :P Eat protein protein protein! So for breakfast have scrambled eggs with cheese and some turkey bacon! MMmMmm!

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

happydsr
on 7/28/12 4:15 pm
 at almost 5 years post op, my weight can vary 5 or more pounds over the course of a week.  I still weigh daily.  And just as the weight starts to creep up and I start to prepare to crack down and  go bck to basics, I suddenly lose the extra and return to my new "normal" level.

Before you panic, make sure it is a real sustained loss, rather than a small variation
Ilovemyskinniness
on 10/18/12 1:30 am - CA
I am 1 year post sleeve and find that I'm having a lot of head hunger and am beginning to graze throughout the day. So now I'm getting back to proteins first, veggies and fruits. I can't believe that my weight fluctuates so much. So, yes, back to basics.  :)

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 124 views