Post DS Birth Control

determineddanni
on 7/27/12 8:05 am
when i mean 'worth' i am not talking about money. i am talking about sticking that painful IUD in(due to not bearing any children) and then taking it out less then a year later. just when your starting to get used to it and it is going good, you have to take it out.... thats the worth i am talking about :)

i think insurance is better and better when it comes to all kinds of BC. if you have good insurance i am sure any method would be pretty dang cheap. i have federal BCBS and it is a dream having it! love it!

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

Katester
on 7/31/12 3:04 am
I don't have an children either. I'm not going to lie--the pain was awful when they dialated my cervix--but it lasted about 6 seconds and then I just had cramps for the rest of the day. The dr. made me sit in the exam room for 10 minutes and sip some water because she said they had alot of women pass out from the pain--I was fine after the initial 6 seconds of extreme pain. I drove myself 15 miles home with no issues. I plan on keeping mind for atleast 3 years. If you plan to TTC within a year, I see why you would consider something else. Good Luck!!
Onelifetolive
on 8/1/12 2:08 am - TX
 Wow, I'm shocked that the Dr. would allow you to have it.  I have asked for an IUD several times over and every doctor states that they "refuse" to allow me to have it since I'm at a childbearing age and don't have any kids.  The depo sucked because 80 lbs of my weight came from the depo increasing my appetite etc.  I'm limited on options let the doctors tell it, no patches because it only works for women up to 150lbs and decreases with every additional ten pounds?  So at 273 hell I see a guy and I'm pregnant, LOL.  Depo is not an option nor IUD the pills apparently I would have to tripple up on since I'm morbidly obese?  So I don't know where to go look or go but it's definitely not the sack.
Katester
on 8/1/12 2:34 am
Find a different gyno. Mine told me the same thing when I asked for it last time...it was about 6 years ago, so I was only 19 at that time. My Dr. has personally "installed" over 4000 IUDs and she said more than half of them are in the 20-30 age group with no previous pregnancies. She said she has only had 1 girl turn up preggers with an IUD and 1 girl who had problems with it falling out-they changed her to something else. Everyone else has had none to minor issues (like mine, long time spotting and increased PMS "symptoms")
SmallTownJen
on 7/26/12 11:10 pm - IN
DS on 10/03/12
Thank you everyone for all of your comments... sounds like I have some research to do and you all have given me a great head start !!
You guys rock !!
Jessyw
on 7/27/12 9:40 am - polarbears&igloos, AK
I personally do not recommend the pill for DS'ers, we malabsorb so that is pretty much out of the question when it comes to birth control methods. I have personally been on the depo shot for a year, it just gave me pretty bad bouts of depression about 2 weeks after the initial shot. Plus the worry about what it was doing to my bones was always in my mind. So I got the implant, the implant in the arm.

It hurt hahaha. It was annoying. But SO WORTH IT. I like the longer time period that comes with it, and I also do not have periods (haven't since I started the depo shot before I switched) but I was warned that I might get spotting every now and then, one doctor even told me I would get heavy bleeding. I actually haven't had heavy bleeding but I do spot when I am really stressed out.

I considered the IUD but being that I never have had kids before and that I would like to in about 6 years or so I thought the implant was my best choice. I didn't like the idea of having to track time with the nuva ring and then having periods was a big deciding factor as well, I feel I am better off not having one.

I love my implant and am happy with how it is going so far. In 2 years when I get it replaced it will be my big deciding time if I will have a child with my long term boyfriend or not, I'm thinking I'll just put another one in for another 3 years, I think we can wait 6 years for kids hahaha.

But yes, its something important to look into, glad you came and asked.

-Jessy
      Hello, my name is Jessica  I'm 20 and I got my DS!! check out my page. 

I love my DS!!!!   sw(535)/cw(220)/goal (?)
  Wanna learn about the DS? Come to the DS forum or check out these websites:
                  http://www.dsfacts.com/ OR http://www.duodenalswitch.com/
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/12 12:11 pm - TN
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 125 views