Wacky Question

Emily F.
on 7/25/12 5:14 am
I still have ten lbs to go. I'm looking for a surgeon to remove one of my kidnesy, lungs, and little liver.
_Leslie_
on 7/25/12 5:43 am - Franklin, WI
 bwahahaha!!!!!!!

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      
                                   Surgery Date: July 30, 2010                      

Emily F.
on 7/25/12 6:03 am
On July 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM Pacific Time, _Leslie_ wrote:
 bwahahaha!!!!!!!
 You are totally in for it, laughing is not allowed here. Don't make fun of me. My body, my right. LMAO.
Sarah_Anne
on 7/26/12 3:55 am
I'm with you!  Especially if you think about it this way - you have two lungs and two kidneys.  Who needs duplicates?  Its just more sh*t to lug around.  I'm all for getting rid of excess baggage.  The organs that want to stay better show me that they are worth keeping.  Maybe I'll do a reality TV show to see who gets to stay and who is going to get eliminated!   

HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
southernlady5464
on 7/25/12 6:01 am

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

determineddanni
on 7/27/12 8:15 am
fyi

muscle and fat weigh the same. the nasty rumor of one weighing more than the other is crock. google it.

you will lose a lot of fat mass and muscle mass while in the early stages of the weight loss phase. our body will break down anything for fuel. let me tell ya as soon as i upped my protein and became active the muscle is now coming back and i am losing fat instead of muscle.

also agree with emily

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

Kyal J.
on 7/27/12 5:23 pm - Melbourne, Australia
Also immediately post op you will weight more than you did before surgery thanks to the gallons of fluid they will give you. I think I put on 10+ lb's / 5+kg just in fluid weight in hospital.

It does eventually leave but those scales are a bad idea in the first weeks, if ever.
Huneypie
on 7/27/12 7:47 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Yep, I'm swollen and wondering how I'm going to get on the skirt I wore to hospital even though I've only had ~100 calories in 5 days - doc said I'm allowed to start eating soft food now though, fish, etc, yippee!

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Huneypie
on 7/27/12 10:04 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
ETA my skirt doesn't fit.  Luckily it's something I considered and have only done the zipper up part way.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 125 views