Maryland or Michigan?? Reccomendations please...

foolishgrrl_1
on 7/27/12 8:03 am, edited 7/27/12 8:04 am
VSG on 03/11/13
Just an update, I watched the youtube videos and have talked to Cathy, she was SUPER.  I have my out of town packet and the link to Dr. K's seminar online, woohoo!  I'm confident in Dr. Kemmeter's skills and his reputation is amazing.  Knowing that he is tops at this makes me feel comfortable about the actual procedure.

I have a question and I'm not sure if I should start another thread but, here it is...

I am comfortable with every single aspect of this surgery and lifestyle change/expectations.  The only thing I am having a difficult time wrapping my brain (and entire being) is the amount of pills that are needed each day, several times a day.  Question- how have you handled/adjusted to taking several vites multiple times per day, were you initially freaked out by that element?

Thanks again!

Heather

*edited for spelling

Sandra C.
on 7/27/12 4:06 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 Hi Heather,
I'm so happy  for you, on track with your D.S. and Dr. Kemmeter. The vitamins are not very many really. It depends on your labs, how well you absorb supplements, if you are pre or post menopausal, and food choices. I began with all the suggestions from GHP, and have not needed to make any changes. My labs are always spot on. I use the bariatric vitamins from their store, which can be ordered from them on line, or other on line locations. I spread them out throughout the day, carry them in my purse in a daily devided pill box from a weekly set of boxes loaded up ahead of time, ready to grab and run. Here's my daily list:

3 multi bariatric vitamin capsuls
1 AquADEK
1 iron/C
1 prilosec
1 B-1
4 calcium citrate chocolate pieces, or 6 calcium citrate chewy bites
--------------------
I added( optional):
Biotin for hair strength,
C & D & fiber in gummy form, Climera .o5 estrogen patch, Synthroid, and a few other personal  prescriptions.
Usually I get them all in, but not always. If I dont, I am sure to do it the next day, no doubling up with missed pills. Looking at the finished weeks worth of pill boxes, I can see 99% of the pills are gone.  Loading a months worth of daily boxes shows me exactly when to reorder. My son is using my daily box methoud for his own pills, and likes it. I can see at a glance if he took his pills or not.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 125 views