Introductions and Looking for Support

sanscarpaci
on 7/21/12 4:12 pm - souderton, PA
DS on 11/23/12
 Good Morning Everyone,

Almost 5 years ago (August 13, 2007), I had the Lap Band WLS.  I was extremely excited, motivated and vigilant and was able to lose almost 70 lbs in the first 18 months.

Fast forward to 2012 and I am holding at 35 lbs lost.  No excuses or rationalizations.. Moving forward.

I have been researching the DS procedure since 2009 and have visited the topics on this board often.  I am beginning my journey to a DS revision beginning this Monday July 23, 2012.

My surgeon ia at Abington Hospital (PA) and I will be meeting with his staff (Nutritionist and Psychologist) next week.  And then meeting with him in early August.

It has taken me a great deal of time to come to this decision and also to post on this board.  

I have a tremendous amount of respect for everyone who has chosen their respective WLS option.  I do feel that the DS procedure is the right one for me at this time.

Thank you in advance for the words of encouragement and support that I know will flow forward. This website has always been a source of information, encouragement and support for the last 5 years!

Susan

228/123/120
preop/current/goal

Revision surgery from lapband to DS on 23-Nov-2012

Huneypie
on 7/21/12 6:30 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Hi Susan, all the best for tomorrow.  Sending positive vibes and doing a bit of critter swinging for you.  KUP.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 7/21/12 7:43 pm - VA
Wishing you all the best tomorrow. I understand your surgeon studied as a surgical fellow with my surgeon years ago. I also understand that Abington has a high BMI requirement for the DS. If you find you don't meet their requirements there are other surgeons who will perform the DS on lighter folks. Keep us posted. I guess you've already found www.dsfacts.com. It's a great site for research.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 7/21/12 8:04 pm - OKC, OK
Hoping all goes well.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Fran-I Am
on 7/22/12 4:22 am
Wishing you all the best for tomorrow!

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
bliss1203
on 7/22/12 5:45 am - souderton, PA
 Holly molly, small world!  I'm also from Souderton and Dr Bonani will be my surgeon.  I am meeting with him in early August to talk about getting a DS too.  Good luck with your appointment!!! 
sanscarpaci
on 7/22/12 10:50 am - souderton, PA
DS on 11/23/12
Thank You Everyone for the Welcome and the advice. I will continue to post my progress!

Susan
merrymorris
on 7/22/12 11:15 pm - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Hello and welcome. I just LOVED ABINGTON. I had Dr. G but Dr. Bonanni was on call at the hospital so he came and visited me. I will say, for nutritional advice, listen to the vets on here. The nutritonal support at ABington is not centered around the DS so they give us information that doesn't always apply and can be very confusing. ie///EAT LOW FAT!  Which is not true for us since we only absorb 20% of the fat we consume. Anyway, hooray for you and the exciting start to your new self. I am three months out so, although I am still learning, please feel free to ask me anything.

bernagirl
on 7/23/12 6:06 am
 Hello and I am sorry to jump on this post but did you same you are 3 months out?  Did you have any complications?  I did and ended up back in the hospital 3 times.  The last stent was 10 days.  I am worried because I don't' feel like myself.  Having a hard time getting the water down.  Always nauseated.  Ginger seems to be helping.  What is your story?

Thanks for listening.
 Susan Bernardeau
bernagirl
on 7/23/12 6:03 am
When have you decided to have this surgery?  I hope all goes well with you.

Also Susan...
 Susan Bernardeau
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 124 views