What about gas??

bugirll
on 7/23/12 1:53 am - MD
DS on 03/19/12
On July 22, 2012 at 10:59 PM Pacific Time, Sher Bear Mama wrote:
I haven't had issues with gas. When I was about 2 or 3 months out I remember that if I had any sugars in my diet--even milk sugars, I'd have nasty smelling farts. So I started taking Devrom with every meal for about 3 weeks. It totally cleared up the farting. Now that I'm 7.5 months out I haven't had any gas issues--I probably fart less than I did before surgery. I also only poop once a day at best. Sometimes I only poop once every couple of days.

Sheri
I took Devrom for about a week, several times a day and it did nothing.  Do I need to try it again for longer this time?  I was newly post op when I tried it and I had a lot of gas.  I have much less gas now but am still afraid of letting one out at the wrong time...
DS with Toon Sonneville 3/19/12
Heather E.
on 7/23/12 2:51 am

It can be.  It can also usually be controlled by what you eat.  The thing is, we're all different post-DS in how our bodies process foods, so things that cause some people gas may have no effect on others.  It's all a learning process.  I try to avoid the things that I know cause me issues when I'm going to be around others (actually, I just try to avoid them PERIOD because when I have "bad" gas, it's usually pretty painful and not worth going through). 

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 124 views