How has DS helped your PCOS?

ShilohMN
on 7/17/12 11:44 am
 I am hoping to get the DS soon. I was denied by insurance 4 years baack and tyring again. For those of you with PCOS, how has the surgery helped, if at all?
determineddanni
on 7/18/12 1:34 am
i am seven months post op. so far my pcos has improved. i plan on having children next year when i am healthy and my labs are good. so the true test will be then but as of now the symptoms are not as severe. granted not all have went away:( breakouts are better, periods are better, unwanted hair si the same :( fertility?? don't know lol sorry i wasn't more help

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

ShilohMN
on 7/18/12 10:53 am
 Thank you for responding. For myself I don't want children, but I do hope the periods, hair, dark skin patches and skin tabs decrease.
bliss1203
on 7/18/12 6:52 am - souderton, PA
 I am curious to find out more about this, I meet with my surgeon in a few weeks and I too have PCOS.  I look forward to the responses.  
Mariah2624
on 7/20/12 12:21 am - Everett, WA
 I'm having the D'S in 25 days praying it works other wise back to endocrinologist .
Sher Bear Mama
on 7/22/12 3:55 pm
 My PCOS seems to be resolved (if that's even possible).  I'm 7.5 months out and have lost 152 pounds total (lost 25 before surgery).  My periods have come back and are on a normal 35 days cycle--very reliable.  My skin has cleared up, and I think even some of the excess hair has disappeared.  I'm absolutely positive that I ovulate now (I can feel it happen) though I don't plan to have any more kids--we need to start looking into some more permanent forms of birth control.  

Hope this is helpful!

Sheri

Sher--the bear mama

_Leslie_
on 7/23/12 4:53 am - Franklin, WI
 I'm almost 2 years out. 
I get very regular periods... dark patches have lightened greatly... no new skin tags... but skin tags I had are still there, gotta get those removed.... no more oily skin... no more dandruff... normal cholesterol levels, and normal Blood pressure...

My doc says I should have no problem getting prego when I'm ready!

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      
                                   Surgery Date: July 30, 2010                      

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 124 views