Wish'in...and hope'in...and pray'in!

skinnime12
on 7/17/12 7:52 am
I'm just trying to keep from going completely insane waiting for my surgeons office to call and let me know if I was approved or not. I HATE WAITING...I feel like my life is on hold. It's like I am holding my breath and won't be able to exhale until I KNOW!! I am scared, excited, hopeful, doubtful, nervous, calm ALL AT ONCE. My poor kids must think  their mom is a nut. At least they are young enough to forget all this nonsense (3 and 1 years old). I have to get approved!!!!! I keep trying to tell myself that whatever happens, happens no matter how much I obsess over it. It's just that there are so many what-ifs right now. Oh please Lord let my phone ring!!!

I just had to vent...thanks for letting me!
MajorMom
on 7/17/12 8:10 am - VA
Been there! :) 

Good luck and stay busy!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

skinnime12
on 7/17/12 8:52 am
Thanks Gina! I am scubbing my house down...the one perk of insane obsessing is a clean home :)
Valerie G.
on 7/17/12 9:11 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Call the insurance company to make sure they received everything okay.  It wil make you feel better.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

ajrober2
on 7/18/12 7:29 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12
I feel your pain.  I was driving myself nuts.  Then I called the insurance company because I couldn't take it anymore, and found out i had been approved for almost a week.  My surgeon's office just hadn't received the letter yet.   I was so relieved!!!!
skinnime12
on 7/19/12 6:26 am
So I called my insurance company and guess what??? They said they didn't get my paperwork.   Of course they didn't!!! I immediatly emailed my buddy at my surgeons office and told her what happened. She told me that she was going to call them today but she wasn't concerned because she said she is fairly certain they don't know what the hell they are talking about, and that  the paperwork for bariatric surgery goes to an entirley different auth department. So...who the hell knows what is really going on. I am so tired of all of this.Thanks for reading my rant.
zix
on 7/19/12 3:08 pm - PA
DS on 02/13/12
I made several calls to my insurance company while I was waiting. I asked if there was anything I could do to speed up the review and she asked if I had a surgery date. (dummy me) said 'no, they won't schedule until I have an approval'. Then I wised up and called back the next day and told them the surgeon's office wanted to schedule me for a specific date (also true) and so I needed approval that week. She put a note in the computer and I had my approval by the next day.
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 124 views