One week post op DS and concerned

halblingefrau
on 7/17/12 6:15 am - Flagstaff, AZ
It will TOTALLY get better.  You'll see.  The first month after surgery was tough on me, trying to get liquids in let alone any protein or nutrition.  Now at 11 months out, I feel normal.  I forget I even have a restriction, until I eat.  I still get full really fast, but I've learned my limits (it will take awhile, don't feel bad if you "overeat" early out... even an egg was too much for me at first).  Now I only feel full and tight if I deliberately act stupid and eat too much.

Oh, and a word of advice... NO carbination!  I bought that flavored carbonated water from the grocery store against my doc's advice and the pain of it was awful!

merrymorris
on 7/17/12 10:46 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Just relax. It's all going to be ok. Everyone feels overwhelmed at first and worried of messing things up. Like everyone says, focus on liquids and get in as much as you can. The protein and all will become easier to get later on.  I have to drink a non shake kind of protein which is like drinking a fruit drink. It doesn't fill you up as much and I can drink more of it.
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 125 views