Dr. Keary Robert Williams/ Knoxville TN

gwbp
on 7/11/12 11:47 pm
Anyone?   I am a 5 YR lap   DS. r   (LOVE mine!)   
My husband wants a lap  sleeve.  Self pay.   Anyone have a some history to tell
on this surgeon?   He's in Knoxville, TN
any responses appreciated.  Gwyn 
Down 165 lbs. as of May 21.
southernlady5464
on 7/11/12 11:54 pm
Gwyn, I used Dr. Boyce after Dr. Williams told me he would not do a DS on a lightweight...even for solid reasons. While his local patients love him, he doesn't have a strong presence on OH...most of us ended up using Dr. Boyce.

I do know that the office is moving over to Tennova from Covenant Health (Parkwest). Their surgeries are now being done over at Tennova.

For the sleeve, I would use Williams...for the DS, I would go with Boyce.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

kiwicat
on 7/12/12 4:53 am - Knoxville, TN
I used Dr. Boyce for my DS but for the three additional surgeries that I've had due to complications, I've had Dr. Williams and he is WONDERFUL. I prefer him over Dr. Boyce anyday. He is easy to talk to and explains everything well. He is very concerned for his patients and if I have any more complications, I will insist on Dr. Williams from now on. He listens to you when you say something is wrong where Dr. Boyce did not - he blew me off when I was in the ER and said he wouldn't see me until I did this and that. I was told by the ER nurse he was going out of town the next week so I called in and saw Dr. Williams and he immediately sent me for an ultrasound and it was my gallbladder and her removed it two days later where Dr. Boyce wouldn't even see me. I highly recommend Dr. Williams and if he'll do the sleeve - go with him. I know he won't do the DS but I'm hoping one day he will b/c he's so much better to deal with.
-VolsDiva-
on 7/19/12 12:01 pm - Orange County :), TN
For the sleeve I would go with Williams.

06/07/12 - Dr. Sauceda LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer and Neck Lift

Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 717 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1471 views