To remove or not to remove....

skinnime12
on 7/16/12 3:46 am
I'm sorry you had to go through that!
skinnime12
on 7/16/12 3:45 am
I am definitely taking the advice of all you vets...it's getting YANKED :)
merrymorris
on 7/16/12 4:14 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
GREAT MOVE!!! One less thing to worry about. I had my appendix out with the DS but like I said, I WISH i could have yanked the GB too. Save myself all that pain.
skinnime12
on 7/16/12 5:53 am
I had my appendix removed when I was 18. I was joking with my husband yesterday and said if I ever have to be cut open in an emergency type situation they are going to think I'm an alien, because my insides surely won't look normal!!
Jessyw
on 7/16/12 8:10 am - polarbears&igloos, AK
 My gallbladder was removed when I had my DS I didn't know he was going to remove it but I am glad he did. I had HUGE gallstones that had formed, I remembered that I did have really bad sharp pains but I never knew what it was until my surgeon showed me all the gallstones he removed and how large they were. So glad I got that over and done with in one procedure! 

-Jessy
      Hello, my name is Jessica  I'm 20 and I got my DS!! check out my page. 

I love my DS!!!!   sw(535)/cw(220)/goal (?)
  Wanna learn about the DS? Come to the DS forum or check out these websites:
                  http://www.dsfacts.com/ OR http://www.duodenalswitch.com/
sparkle1980
on 7/16/12 3:49 pm
DS on 06/29/12
 i really wanted mine removed based on loose research that i had done.  ultimately, my surgeon recommended keeping it in, as it would involve 2 more puncture sites and would prolong my DS surgery by at least 45 minutes. 

I was in so much pain upon 'waking' from my DS, that one of the first thoughts that came into my head was, "thank God I didn't have my gallbladder out, too."  

I am glad that my surgeon chose to wait.  I really don't think that would have been good for me to have that extra, unnecessary trauma when recovery was already so awful.

DS (lap) June 29, 2012
HW: 327
CW: 165
GW: 165

PlumFaerie
on 7/27/12 12:04 am
i didn't have the option i jsut had my appendix taken out. i didn't even bother with the actigall lol i was naughty but also i havent had any gall probs luckily. everyone is different i guess. but iof yo uwant it out then go for it
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 124 views