DS... loose skin, what's to come...

* Gail R *
on 7/11/12 11:07 am - SF Bay Area, CA
My skin was much worse at 6 month to a year out than it is now at nearly 3 years. It bounced back just a little. I was overweight all my life and older but I can live with myself, although would like PS if I were younger.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

2Bblessed
on 7/12/12 1:25 am
I see that Dr. K is your surgeon.  He can fix the "loose skin".  Dr. K is awesome.  I inquired a little about the loose skin.  I was 336 lbs now 140 lbs. DS  July 27 2010.  I promised myself when I started the quest for weight loss surgery that I would be blessed with weight loss results.  I do have what I consider a little tummy flipflap .  I carried alot of weight in my thighs and arms.  My upper arms have alot of loose skin.  I always wear at least 3/4 sleeves to cover.
I have a friend who had the gastric bypass years ago then she had plastic surgery on her thighs, tummy, breasts.  Unfortunately she has gained her weight back and in medical financial debt.  She gave me all her small clothes .  She is heart broken! I told her about Dr. K and his ability to reconstruct former weight loss surgery patients.
All this to tell you, at this point in my life!! Even if I have wings of loose skin and could take flight if the wind blows,  I have chosen to BE BLESSED!!!  I Thank the Lord I am not the weight I used to be.  LIFE changing:  I can: kayak, ski, bicycle, downhill mountain bike, bought a motorcycle. I am trying to keep up with my 16 yr. old son and loving every minute of it.  It is so awesome to be able to join in the fun instead of watching him on the bench!  I don't have to ask for an extention for the seat belt when flying airplane.
You do have options to get the loose skin taken care of and Dr. K can take care of it also.
My own opinion is the loose skin is the very least of my worries,  I am not 336 lbs anymore!!! I am BLESSED and Happy!!
Cowgirl81
on 7/12/12 7:46 am
I understand that being lighter and healthier is way worth the loose skin I just have this horrible image in my head of gobs of skin after.... Dr. K and I talked about it too...I feel I have been Blessed my whole life heavy or not. For me I think that being fat has taught me a lesson I needed to learn, and that I will learn more thin.. its all in Gods plan! =) Thank you for you input!! and Congratulations on your success =) Take Care,
Cowgirl81
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 124 views