What food to take to hotel post DS?

Huneypie
on 7/6/12 6:27 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
 I'll have the use of a microwave. So far I'm thinking chicken soup, tofu, apple sauce.  I've been told to have soft foods, yogurt, etc, but I won't be able to store chilled food while at the hospital so that's a no go.   I'll be in the hospital for 5 days and then in the hotel for 5 days and am not being re-sleeved so I imagine that hunger will be similar to now.  TIA.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 7/6/12 8:58 am - VA
That's a tough with no cooler. Will you have someone there that can bring you food?  

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 7/6/12 6:04 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Nope, I'll be alone.  I thought of taking some pudding cups as they don't have to be refrigerated.  Breakfast is included so I'm planning on scrambled eggs.  I've just ordered some disposable bowls and spoons so maybe the B&B owners can let me have some eggs in the microwave (I'm scared of taking eggs in my luggage - that could be a major disaster ;-)).

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

its-killen-me
on 7/6/12 6:37 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
 i took a elec kettle amd made oxo beef and chicken. there are jello or juicy jells that don't need refridgeration.  campbell soups mushroom, cream of celery, tomato. 
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Huneypie
on 7/6/12 6:47 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Good thinking.  I'll get some miso and you can even get pre-made jello and it doesn't have to be chilled.  Would the full sugar stuff be bad - just one cup a day?  I can't cope with sweetener - it bloats me out too much and gives me diarrea... yes I know and I'm not even switched yet!! ;-)

I  my DS  

its-killen-me
on 7/6/12 7:05 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
 sugery things gave me diareah too - popscycles, Tim Hortons lemonade : but I felt better when it was done.  I don't know what your diet allows, mine was liquid only for 10 days then switch to purees and babyfoods.
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Huneypie
on 7/6/12 8:07 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Soup and yogurt are the only thing the docs assistant's said to me.  Maybe I can have some yogurt at breakfast too - or sneak one away for later!! The plan's evolving and talking it through does help, thanks! ;-)

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 7/6/12 8:26 pm - VA
Will you be able to order out and have food delivered? Some folks think egg drop soup from their local Chinese takeout is great immediately post-op. Also, as you come up with ideas think about hidden gluten in some products. I had no idea wheat gluten was in Campbell's cream of whatever soups.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 7/6/12 8:44 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Egg drop soup that's genius.  I should be able to get tins of that.  Many thanks.

I  my DS  

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 121 views