PSA for Drs Peters and McPherson Patients

MajorMom
on 7/7/12 7:46 pm - VA
x-posted:

Diana made inquiries about other DS surgeons taking on Dr Peters' patients. Here's her post. If you would like to get in touch with Diana please let me know.

--gina

OK, a few of the "inner circle" of DS surgeons have been contacted about Dr. Peters' death and the dilemma of his patients. I was saddened to learn that Dr. McPherson also recently passed away, so there is another group of patients who have been "orphaned."

One of the DS surgeons wrote to me, and said that the FIRST thing all of Peters' and McPherson's patients should be doing is to contact their DS surgeon's office and obtain copies of their charts, ASAP. As the surgeon said (after I fixed his cell phonese - or perhaps it is surgeonese - to make it grammatical):

"I would be willing and able to follow other patients, I just do not want to get a call or an email from a patient with no records or background information and be expected to render an opinion as to why they are tired."

The patients should also have copies of ALL of their most recently labs, etc.

Please post this on the OH DS board, and ask people to contact me if they need to see someone right away - at this time, the main group of surgeons has not been contacted yet, so any needs will be met one-off. We will try to get people who are interested hooked up with a surgeon who can provide continuity of care.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MajorMom
on 7/7/12 11:19 pm - VA
Lisa posted in reply:

Dr. Peters actually did setup after care for patients after he got sick. I see Dr. Jila Otarod at the Prevenive Medicine and Nutrition Clinic at CMC in Scranton, PA 570-969-7300. She has a practice in Scranton but also goes to this hospital 2 days a week. We learned about her at his monthly group sessions. Dr. Peters pulled her into the loop about 2 years ago and she is very well informed on the DS and it's follow up care. She does all my bloodwork and orders followup (dexi-scan, etc.). 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 123 views