Trying to gain a little weight

Marianne W.
on 7/7/12 7:57 am
After keeping off 80 pounds successfully from my BPD/DS for over 11 years, I now find myself needing to gain some.  (Getting a revision is not an option for me or even practical.) Has anyone had this problem and if so, have you found any ways to gain a few pounds and keep them?  I would like to gain around 8-10 pounds. (I never thought in a  millions years I would have looked for a way to a little gain weight!)
MajorMom
on 7/7/12 8:11 am - VA
I used trail mix with dried fruit, nuts and pretzels to slow my weight loss and I'm, thinking if I were to eat it now, I'd gain.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 7/8/12 2:45 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 If you're not already a little shameless with carbs and sugar, that would be easiest (and most fun).  Now, if you're already eating those to no avail, the next step would be adding some creon or other digestive enzymes to increase absorption.  That works almost every time.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Nina E.
on 7/11/12 1:21 pm
Digestive enzymes worked for me. I took them in the morning with my bacon, eggs and vitamins and a couple time with higher fat higher carb meals. did the trick and my labs look good too. I got too skinny at 159 and bopped up to 165-170 and feel much better. Good problem to have. i say def take with your big batch of vitamins too. need those nutrients! Good luck. :)

Nina ~~   BMI was 52, now 26.1 (normal). From size 26/28 to 10 pants and 2xl/24 shirt to xs/sm shirts. SW/CW/surgean Goal/mynew GW 322/161/180/165     I Heart MY DS!!

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 123 views