5 days post-op with questions for DS veterans

mylittleblackdress
on 7/5/12 4:32 pm - FL

I had minimal pain following my lap DS considering the complexity of the surgery. I was out walking over a mile one week post-op.

kiwi C.
on 7/6/12 4:35 am
Hi Sparkle,

I am 9 days post op now and mine was also lap ds. When I first got out of the hospital (stayed two night), I was in so much pain on the right side under ribs area, I could hardly find a comfy spot to sit down. The best position was to lay down but it kills my back after a while. Anyway, I've been better but the pain/pressure is still there. I left my surgeon's office a msg about whether if it's normal but have not got a response. Thus this morning I went to my PCP and he said it's muscle pain. It's the site of incision healing, and it'll go away over time. I was perscribed liquid lortab since my surgeon refused to give me a refill.

He also told me if it's something wrong inside, I'd be screaming even if he's pressuring my left side of stomach. So if it doesn't hurt you when pressuring the other side, it is less likely to be complication, but please still make sure your surgeon or some doctor knows about this.

Best of luck! 
happydsr
on 7/7/12 1:22 pm
 your pain sounds a lot like gas fro the lap procedure. I experienced something similar from a prior surgery, but not with my open DS

there is a great thread that EN started on proboardss that gives lots of info on what to expect from surgery.  It is worth a read
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 123 views