A whole new outlook. :)

rcarper1965
on 7/4/12 1:30 am - OH
 While the electric was out in our area and I was staying at a hotel, I realized I can make it through anything.  By giving the Lord all my worries through him nothing is impossible.  I have a whole new outlook on life and what to expect after the surgery.  It's not blank anymore.  I am so excited.  Don't get me wrong, I am still scared, but what will happen will happen.  I will be fine.  My surgery is July 31st and in 27 days I will be an entirely new man with a new life style.  I have to do this for myself, my wife, my kids and my grandkids.  The spark is back in me.  I think I do have some issues with my medications but will deal with that after surgery and I am able to swallow pills again.  So a short lived rough time will be expected.     I had forgotten why I started this journey in the first place.  It's for my health.  If I continue on the path I am right now there is no telling how long I will be around.  After surgery and weight loss my life will change for the better.  There is no doubt in my mind.  The fears I had were gone and the blankness has been filled with nothing but positive.     If thousands of people can make it through this surgery then there is no reason why I can't either.  I too will soon be a full fledged DSer. :)  Nothing stopping me now.  
MajorMom
on 7/4/12 1:36 am - VA
HOOAH!

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MarshaMc
on 7/4/12 4:23 am - Nassau, Bahamas
DS on 07/07/12
 Good for you, I totally agree with you that the Lord can and will handle everything. That's also my outlook as I  head into having my DS this coming Saturday - June 7th 2012,  two days more days!!!
Valerie G.
on 7/4/12 4:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 You're gonna be fine!  Did you read the article on dsfacts about what to expect after surgery?   Being that I was local (even Dr. Teel assisted my DS), it's pretty darned equal to what you can expect too.  OH - and I was able to swallow pills by the time I got home.  I could only do one at a time, but I could.  Today I can do handfuls

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 121 views