my new life started 4 yrs ago

NoreenRT
on 7/1/12 11:28 am - Warner Robins, GA
hi everyone - i've been around oh for a while and mostly post on vites & bites. (thanks major mom)
yup, 4 years ago today i had my very own ds. life has been a wild ride for sure. 200 # gone, i have absolutely no regrets
what can i do? i can stand w/o body parts hurting. i get up in the morning ready to get moving. i stand instead of sitting. it actually feels good to walk. the energy level is amazing.
i adjust my vitamins as needed in accordance with lab work. no medical issues. i am very blessed.
i am a sugarholic. always have been. i eat candy just about everyday. only now, a few hersheys kisses are fine. i don't have to eat 1/2 the bag. protein first, veggies second, carbs last. i eat no junk before 2:30pm. that's just my rule to keep the carb count down. otherwise, i would eat junk all day long.
my weight goes from 153 - 157. anymore than that, i knock off the sugar, an slash the carbs until the scale moves down.
lactose is ok if the cheese is not processed. the higher the quality, the better it sits with me. milk tears me up, so i stay away from it. soy too. as for gluten, i can do 1 slice of rye, pumpernickel, or whole wheat. white bread or rolls give me too much gas.
enough of my ramblings. yay me for choosing the ds! i feel fantastic. here's some pics i took today. hope they appear. i'm usually very challenged with computer stuff.

for kicks i tried putting both legs inside one leg of my old size 36/38 jeans.

i wanted to see a visual of size difference, before and after. sorry for the kitty. idgie refused to get off my pants. lol. she gets into everything.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

beemerbeeper
on 7/1/12 1:34 pm - AL
You rock. I love the idea of the two pair of pants and Kitty is too cute. Thanks for being there for me for the pas 2.5 years.

Becky

Gutless_in_Seattle
on 7/1/12 1:56 pm - Seattle, WA
Wow NoreenRT,
That's the kind of post that keeps me moving toward *my* very own DS!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Women and Cats will do as they please,
...and Men and Dogs should relax and get used to the idea."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DS with Dr. Myur Srikanth
Virgin DS Lap Surgery scheduled for December 4th, 2012

MajorMom
on 7/1/12 7:38 pm - VA
Happy surgiversary, Noreen!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

hopefulaimee
on 7/1/12 10:58 pm - Battle Creek, MI
DS on 06/25/12
As a new post op..I def appreciate all the effort you put in your vites and bites posts...they have given me a great idea as to what my daily meals will consist of once i start eating again...

You look wonderful...keep it up

~Aimee~
    5'6"
"
HW-307, SW-286, LW-185, CW-226.5

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/12 11:07 pm
Thank you for the inspiring post! Kitty is the boss :)
Auntie_Annie
on 7/2/12 1:28 am - PA
DS on 08/20/12
You look great!  Now that's it's July, I can say I am having my DS NEXT MONTH!!  Posts like this help me to keep chugging along so I thank you for that.  Inspiring 
"Switched" 8/20/12
HW: 419
SW: 403
CW: 359
Huneypie
on 7/2/12 2:01 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Wow, you look awesome.  That picture of you with the jeans is amazing.  As a pre-op posts like this are great.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

teachmid
on 7/2/12 10:11 am - OKC, OK
Continued happiness on your new life!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

TravelingMomofTwo
on 7/2/12 11:00 am
You look fabulous! Thanks for sticking around to give advice to us newbies!
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 124 views