Yah! Surgery completed!

kiwi C.
on 6/30/12 11:53 am
I had my surgery on 6/27/12 and I was out yesterday afternoon. It was not an easy transition, but I am so grateful for all the nurses, CNAs and my hubby. Not sure how much weight I lost post op,however, I lost 10lbs pre-op, and I am sure I lost at leasdt a few more post op since my appetite is not well. I onlu ate two gellos so far, and the thought of broth makes me ill.

My gallbladder was removed together, Dr. Simper said they saw some polyps? so it's removed in the case of formation of any stones. I am glad he did that esp after reading merrymorris's post.I get to start on yogurt and string cheese tomorrow, I'm happy for a change but not sure how my body will like it. I still have pain on the right side and need help to get out of couch or bed, though I feel stronger every day.

I hope to get back to normal soon since my butt hurts pretty bad. I am just so happy it's now done and I am on the way of recovery.
its-killen-me
on 6/30/12 12:11 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
 Congrats Kiwicat, I am 16 days post op and am doing well - no pain and all heald up.  Have a speedy recovery . keep in touch - Barb
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
MajorMom
on 7/1/12 2:38 am - VA
Welcome to the dark side. :)  It should get better very quickly from now on.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

NYer
on 7/1/12 6:47 am
 Congrats!  I had my DS done the day before you!  We can recuperate together, virtually!    I did read that tastes change...what tasted good pre-op may not taste good post-op.

My dh thought he heard the surgeon (or someone) say they took my gall bladder, but when he asked, someone said no, they didn't take it.

It's so amazing how surgeons handle post-op.  For 7 days, all I can have are liquids....broth, water, tea, etc.  Week 2 I can have protein drinks.  Then weeks 3-6 I can have soft foods.  I haven't looked past that, though.

I lost 12 pounds pre-op, then GAINED 10 during surgery! LOL  (Well, I wasn't laughing then!)  Now I'm down 20 altogether, so I'm smiling again.  =)

Yesterday I took 2 trips out of the house and today I'm paying for it.  ugh  But I felt so good yesterday!  And so energetic!  Today I go from the couch to the bathroom to the couch.

Here's to a great healing process and years of good health!
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 121 views