UPDATE! 4 YEARS AND 3 DAYS

ddam7
on 6/28/12 8:53 pm - crystal lake, IL
 Good morning,
Just thought I would let you know how I am doing  4 years after surgery.
Great! Why was my surgery great? 1, I don't go hungry, 2, I eat as much as I want,
3, I am really lean, 4, for the most part I feel good, but do have a few issues with vitamins
I have great malabsorption of calories and still have oil slicks, infact every day a ton!
My diet is a little different than most people on this board. What i do to stay so lean is 
not so much protein my levels are great, I eat mostly fat, then protein, then carbs.
Thats why I have alot of oil slicks I completely malabsorb fats. Vita lady told me she thinks we 
malabsorb about 95% fats. For me, I think thats true. I weigh almost  the same as my lowest weight
117 lowest today 120. I also do heavy weight training 5 days a week so I know it's muscle, not fat.
I am so happy I made the decision to have the surgery. 
I miss the vets who use to post alot.
Have a great day everyone.
Dee.
teachmid
on 6/28/12 11:02 pm - OKC, OK
Congratulations!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

MajorMom
on 6/29/12 1:53 am - VA
Happy surgiversary! :)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 6/29/12 3:07 am, edited 6/30/12 2:14 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Congrats and thanks for the update.  As a pre-op it's nice to read posts like this.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 121 views