Dr. Keshishian

chiks0707
on 6/29/12 5:33 am - North Hollywood, CA
DS on 02/07/13
Hello All!

I wanted to know if anyone has had surgery by this doctor and if so how did it go? I wanted to get as much info as I can for this doctor before I make my final decision.

Thanks!
bugirll
on 6/29/12 5:56 am - MD
DS on 03/19/12
I did not use him but I know of a lot of people who have.  He is one of the best in the biz...go with him.  He is also one of the very few who is qualified to do revisions.
DS with Toon Sonneville 3/19/12
Valerie G.
on 6/29/12 6:24 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I've heard all kinds of good about him

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

teachmid
on 6/29/12 9:59 am - OKC, OK
He did my revision.
He is one of the few true DS superstars in my opinion.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

2Bblessed
on 7/11/12 11:05 pm
Hey,
Dr. Ara Keshishian is my surgeon.  I had Duodenal Switch on July 27, 2010 .  My weight was 336 lbs.  I now weigh 140.  Total weight loss 196 lbs.  I highly recommend Dr. K he is an excellent surgeon and has a wonderful personality / He can be hilarious/makes me laugh.
I live in Granby, Colorado and my insurance covered this surgery.  I had a $3000 copay.  My mom is a nurse and lives in Big Bear, CA so that is where I did my recovery until I could fly home,  I stayed in Calif for 3 1/2 weeks.
I did have a post op complication, deep thrombosis blood clot in my right leg.  This is a risk for anybody having surgery of any kind and is absolutely not a reflection of Dr. K's ability.  My clot was 14 days post op very painful and scary.  Dr. K responded to my phone call immediately when I notified him and Lupe of my leg pain and he had me go immediately to the emergency room.
If you have any other questions let me know.
My only regret of this surgery is that I didn't have it done sooner in life.  No regrets.  I eat what I want now and more than satisfied.  I do try to avoid white flour bread, bagels etc gives me gas.
Blessed to have this surgery.  Life Changing  I now Kayak on the lake, Mountain bike down Winter Park ski area, ski, bought myself a motorcycle and a cute beach cruiser bicycle,  I can now go down the Alpine slide at ski area.  
I want to try a zip line next adventure!!!
Tracy 
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/12 11:15 pm
He's a DS rock star.  You would be in highly capable hands.  He takes on complicated revisions and is beloved by his patients.

Good luck.
Amy W.
on 7/22/12 11:46 pm - Buckeye, AZ
Meeeeeeeeeeeeee! He's such a cutie pie! 

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

ChelseyKay
on 1/2/13 12:42 am - NE

I am also very interested in this doctor. I heard that one of the hospitals he goes through also has a discounted price of like $12,000 for the entire surgery, the stay at the hospital, and all of your medicines. Have you heard any of that?

chiks0707
on 1/2/13 12:51 am - North Hollywood, CA
DS on 02/07/13
Would this be for open or lap?? I also heard he does give discounts if your a self pay. If you find out more please let me know... Or if I find out more I will share with you!
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 121 views