Is this normal? What am I going through?

rcarper1965
on 6/29/12 12:37 am - OH
 My surgery date is set for July 31st.  I am excited about the surgery but I am also scared to death.  I have lost interest in the most common things I used to do.  I have trouble getting out of bed of a morning and my digestive system is a wreak.  Every time I eat I seem to get sick.  It seems like all my dreams and goals have been put on hold.  I can't see further than the surgery.  It don't make sense me to.  I know I am worried about being able to attend my step son's wedding which is August 31st but that should be no problem as long as everything goes okay.     This is my stats.  I have bipolar, depression and anxiety disorder.  My BMI is 50.  I just weighed in at 327lbs.  This is down 15lbs from the time I first saw the surgeon.  I see the surgeon again on July 16th.  I am worried about getting sick every time I eat.  I think I have some kind of infection in my stomach.  I am not sure if they are going to do a EGD or not.  I will have to ask.  They did an upper GI, took 14 things of blood, chest x-ray, physical and a few other things.     Why is my mind so fixated on this?  Am I losing it or is this just part of having serious surgery?  I have had surgeries in the past but never felt this way before.  Please tell me that some of you went through the same thing as I am.  Thanks in advance.
Fran-I Am
on 6/29/12 12:56 am
You are so normal! Try to deep breathe and look towards the future. I am 103 pounds lighter in just 8 months. Just picture yourself being able, and wanting to, do things with ease. You are almost there!

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
Valerie G.
on 6/29/12 6:38 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

What you're feeling is normal anxiety, and you'll be so fixated on your surgery and what's happening in your body over the next year that you'll drive everyone crazy.  This is totally normal, too.  Given your disorders, just keep an eye on how you feel, for you may need to tweak your meds a little if at all.  You won't get sick when you eat.  This isn't the RNY.  You will get full very quickly, which is totally bizarre.  Just keep reading and learning.  Read all of the stories on this page:  http://www.dsfacts.com/Pre-Op-to-Post-Op.html.  It will help you prepare.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 121 views