DR.GARCIA (http://www.alighterme.com/)

GastricGirl09
on 6/25/12 2:10 pm

Has anyone had a DS done by this surgeon?

I am scheduled for surgery Aug 1st.

My health is getting worse weekly, and I can not wait to have 30K cash to have the surgery with DR. Garth Davis.

I have heard great things about DR. GARCIA and was wondering if anyone of you had him for your surgeon.

Thanks,
Gastric Girl

MajorMom
on 6/25/12 6:38 pm - VA
Never heard of him, sorry. Please check him out thoroughly. Who did he/she proctor under to learn how to do the DS, how many has he done, etc.? There's a list of recommended DS surgeons on www.dsfacts.com. These are the trusted ones around these parts. Keep us posted.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 6/25/12 9:30 pm - OKC, OK
Do your research, I would hesitate to go to Tijuana. Also, his website does't mention the DS. Be careful! It's your life.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

larra
on 6/26/12 12:47 am - bay area, CA
Whatever "great things" you heard about him, you didn't hear them here! I've been on this forum about 7 years and I've never heard of him.
     I understand about finances. If you want to have a DS in Mexico, go to either Dr. Ungson or Dr. Aceves. Anyone else, and you are setting yourself up for either complications, or not getting a real DS, or both.
     Aug. 1 is still a ways away. You have plenty of time to research further and change your plans. We have seen some terrible complications from people going to inexperienced "DS surgeons", please don't do this to yourself.

Larra
GastricGirl09
on 6/28/12 5:27 am
GastricGirl09
on 6/28/12 6:10 am
Crazeru
on 6/28/12 9:57 am, edited 6/28/12 10:02 am
You can't believe any of the stats here.  You want to live, go to a real DS surgeon.  Lots of WL Surgeons say they do the DS, but they don't.  I've heard that Dr Stewart in Texas has a good cash price also.  I'm not sure if Starbucks still pays for the DS, but years ago, if you worked for them for 4-6mo, they covered the DS.   Challenge your insurance if you have to.  Be careful.

ETA:
I just read Garcia's info and reviews.  I didn't see any reviews from DS patients.  Also he puts that he does the DS in 2hrs and he's done 120 of them.  My surgery with Rabkin was almost 4hrs.  It was a pretty basic DS with gall bladder and appendix removal.

I don't have anything against Mexico - I had my plastics done in Monterrey with Dr Sauceda, but there were several previous patients that I talked to and was able to see his results.

You've asked for information and we've given it to you.  I'm not sure if Larrisa is still around, http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/secretagentwoman/  I think part way down is part of her story.  If you go back several pages to after her surgery and all her problems, you may decide to go with a real DS surgeon.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 121 views