New To DS Board

learning more everyday
on 6/21/12 5:59 pm

Hi y'all. I am Annie and I am currently banded. I have been banded for just over 3 years and getting things in order on my end to make a SWITCH for the better. I am currently at 10 lbs less than banded weight, due to complications and a complete unfill last August. 

Busy reading and learning all I can, going in this without the rose colored classes I wore the first time. 

Looking forward to the Switch, which should be later this year. Meeting with surgeon on Tuesday.

MajorMom
on 6/21/12 7:07 pm - VA
Welcome!  Here's a great website to help with your research: www.dsfacts.com  Is your surgeon on the list of vetted DS surgeons there? Good luck going through all the hoops. Keep us posted and ask questions. :)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 6/21/12 8:44 pm - OKC, OK
Welcome.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/12 9:42 pm
Hi Annie and welcome!

I have a band too and am revising to the DS just waiting on insurance approval and to hopefully not have to do a 6 month diet first as I already met all of the insurance company's requirements in order to get the band.

Nice to have you on board,

Trixie
Auntie_Annie
on 6/22/12 12:33 am, edited 6/22/12 12:34 am - PA
DS on 08/20/12
Welcome!  I am an Annie too!  Well, Andrea, but everyone calls me Annie 
"Switched" 8/20/12
HW: 419
SW: 403
CW: 359
Janine P.
on 6/22/12 3:52 am - Long Island, NY
Hi Annie - I had a band for 3 years as well and I am a happy girl that it's gone.  Never have I had such success with weight loss.  Not going to lie; it's not easy, and for me, being a revision, it's slower than the virgin DS'ers, so try not to compare yourself to the virgin DS'ers because you WILL get discouraged.  But you'll be doing laps on those bandsters stuck with the band and getting no where.

Best of Luck!!!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

learning more everyday
on 6/22/12 6:18 am
Thanks for the welcome y'all. I have a couple of boards I am reading, so am not here all the time.
I have read dsfacts.com and find that it is a very informative site. The surgeon that I am speaking to is not listed however there are exactly 0 listed from Florida, and since the board administrator posts them at their discretion, I am good with that. I know that the surgeon has been doing DS for many years. It was actually an option when I was banded, however like most, I thought the band was the one for me.
beemerbeeper
on 6/22/12 7:49 am - AL
Ive read nearly every post here for 3 years and have never met a person who had the DS in FL. Who is this surgeon? How many of his DS patients have you met? How many DS surgeries has he done? What is his complication rate? What is his post op program? What advice have you been given re vites labs and diet?

Becky

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 120 views