what about aspartame?

Jolly Rancher
on 6/21/12 11:39 am
I eat full fat everything!!!! I also drink at least 6 coke zeros a day. Aspartame doesn't seem to bother me. I don't search out substitutes for anything. Except splenda for the flourless pb cookie!!!!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
starry957
on 6/21/12 12:04 pm
interesting....is it the RNY then that end up with "foamies", vomiting, etc...because sweets/fat can't be tolerated? 

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

MsBatt
on 6/21/12 1:07 pm
Some RNYers 'dump' on sugars---this is an insulin reaction that's very unpleasant. Some of them also react badly to fats as well, but this isn't true dumping---it's probably bile-related. But MOST people with the RNY avoid sugars and fat because of CALORIES, pure and simple.

As a DSer, I eat full-fat over low- or non-fat every time. When a food item has fat removed, that fat has to be replaced with something---and it's usually carbs. As a DSer, I'm only going to absorb about 20% of the fat I eat (and if I don't eat enough of it, I get constipated!), so why would I choose a higher-carb, more expensive, and (for me) less healthy alternative?

I don't do aspartame if I can avoid it at all---I dislike the taste of it, and it gives me headaches. I've NEVER done 'diet' sodas---if I'm going to drink soda, it's going to the 'The Real Thing' (yes, Coca-cola Classic!), not that I often drink soda. (I just don't like it like I did pre-op.) 

I drink tea sweetened with Splenda all day long. I avoid sugar alcohols, too---bad gas! I eat things sweetened with real sugar, but in moderation. I make home-made ice cream with Splenda and heavy cream---you can even add protein powder to the recipe!
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 121 views