Hiccups

PatXYZ
on 6/25/12 12:46 am, edited 6/25/12 12:51 am
The medical explanation is that the hiccups and sneezing are triggered by pressure against the Vagus nerve which lies beside our stomachs in our new DS configuration. That's why it happens when our stomachs are full. I tend to get a runny nose. It can also happen with other WLS.

Vomiting is not normal. It has only happened to me twice since surgery, once after jaw surgery due to having swallowed blood and a second time as a bad reaction to a medication. Throwing up daily, even weekly, is not normal and needs investigation!
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Valerie G.
on 6/22/12 3:17 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Yes I do - and my nose starts to run too, both when I'm getting full and I NEED TO STOP EATING.  Pay attention to those cues.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

ammisha
on 6/25/12 2:10 am - High Desert, CA
Thank you to all of you for the information... I knew there had to be a medical explanation for our "Signals" Thx so much!

I am in contact with my dr. and they know about the vomiting but I knew I had not heard of DSer's doing so as I have,  not fun stuff  
Ammisha's  in waiting NO MORE!!!!  ... DS 3/30/12           
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 121 views