Done?

ClairM13
on 6/16/12 3:51 pm

I'm almost 1 year (next week!) post op. I love my DS and my new self.

I'm also wondering if I'm "done" losing. I would like to lose another 40 to 50 lbs but these last couple months have been extremely slow. I've only lost 12lbs since my 9 month check up. I know I'm still headed in the right direction but I'm curious to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

I take my Vites religiously, Upped protein intake and I'm exercising. Any other tips or advice?

MajorMom
on 6/16/12 7:17 pm - VA
Sounds like you're doing the right things. We're supposed to have an 18 - 24 month honeymoon phase so I think you can do it if you stay on track. Good luck!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

PattyL
on 6/17/12 7:15 am
 How bad do you want to lose the weight?  Some people just sail to goal while others really have to work at it.  I'll tell you a secret...  It will never be easier for you to lose that last 50 than it is right now.  Promise.  And it MAY become more difficult later.

If you want to make sure you attain your goal, go to as close to NO carbs as possible and drink only water and plain tea.  Simple.  Temporary deprivation for long term results.

Once you get there, be aware you were not one of those effortless losers.  You will be able to regain some weight.  Just be careful and vigilant.  The diet above is your friend.  You can go back to it whenever you need to.
Valerie G.
on 6/17/12 10:33 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Patience is your friend now.  You're definitely approaching a stopping point, but you still can make it to your goal...albeit slower now.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Bronwen
on 6/18/12 7:59 am - Wilmington, DE
 I don't think you're done, but you definitely want to star****ching things now.  I lost 110 pounds in the first 12 months, and 40 in the following 12.  I haven't had any bounceback, though, and I'll be 6 years out tomorrow.  As you get closer to goal, the pounds come off slower.
sw:298/cw:152/no goal set
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."  --J.K. Rowling,  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 120 views