Intro & Hello

Virgo64
on 6/17/12 10:45 am
Hi Trixie,

I am also planning on having my surgery with Dr. Kemmeter soon.  I am revising from a old rny to a DS.  I was at his office last week having my 1st visit where they do you physical, EKG, and review your medical history.  Got my labs done on Friday, so I am on my way I think!!

Like you, I realized how big of a surgery the DS is and I was kind of fearful too, but I'm ok with it now, I just have what I call a "healthy fear" of what the repercussions could be if I don't do the things I need to do after the surgery. 

Regarding the 6 month BCBS MI supervised diet....  effective June 1st, they do now require it. 
Dr. Kemmeter himself mentioned this during the seminar I went to on June 5th. 

You really do need to get involved with the Facebook groups..... I have learned so much from there that is helpful.  I've actually started a booklet at home with alot of the information I've gathered from the vets there.

Good luck and feel free to drop me a line whenever you like!

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/12 11:47 am
Hi Virgo!

So excited for you and your upcoming surgery! 

Dr. K's office had to send in everything for a written approval -- they were being told two different things from the insurance co. Some said I had to do the 6 month diet and some said no because I had already met their criteria for wls and had the band. This is too big of a $ to not know for 100%. I think I would drop dead if they told me afterwards they would not cover the surgery due to the diet not being done!

Love the FB group. I've been reading and learning tons.
Virgo64
on 6/18/12 12:55 am
Oh that would be awesome if everything works out well with the insurance!! I'm on the DS Facebook page too, I'll send you a friend request. 
TravelingMomofTwo
on 6/17/12 10:52 am
Just wanted to say hi! I'm new as well and hoping to have surgery in 4-6 weeks! What a long, overwhelming, exciting road, eh?
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/12 11:43 am
It certainly is! I'm excited/nervous all at once. 
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 120 views