Opinions Please

starry957
on 6/11/12 7:56 am
Hi there !  Just wondered if anyone feels comfortable sharing why you chose DS ahead of VSG or RNY?  Looking for lots of info/feedback....thanks so much!

I have not decided, fully, on anything, but my referral has been sent by my doc!

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

MajorMom
on 6/11/12 8:57 am - VA
I chose the DS because it matched my issues best and has the best long term results. Check out www.dsfacts.com for a little research. :)

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

bubbles6472
on 6/11/12 9:27 am - Perkasie, PA
 Same goes for me, why waste my time on something that wouldn't work completely, altho I am wishing now people would have been more honest about the ugly and yucky stuff that happens.  Good luck with your decision!
skinnime12
on 6/11/12 9:36 am
I'm also wanting the ds...if you don't mind sharing, what info would you wish you would have been told? Specifically the yucky stuff. I'm a realist and need all the gory details, good and bad!
Izabelle G.
on 6/11/12 10:53 pm - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
I would like to know about the ugly yucky stuff too.
merrymorris
on 6/11/12 9:45 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
So far the only yuckiness I deal with is the "oil slicks". I have to go to the toilet whenever I feel gas coming on because I let out orange grease from the malabsorption of fats. It's not as bad if I don't eat much fat but then my skin gets really dry and I get constipated. I am a lucky girl that I don't pass gas in my sleep because if I did I would have to wear depends just for the oil alone. How's that for the down and dirty! It's all manageable. I don't have leakage or anything. I can hold it until I get to the toilet.
skinnime12
on 6/11/12 9:53 am
Yep, that's the kind of stuff I want to know! I wonder if that lasts forever or if it gets better as time goes on?
MsBatt
on 6/11/12 12:10 pm
On June 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM Pacific Time, skinnime12 wrote:
Yep, that's the kind of stuff I want to know! I wonder if that lasts forever or if it gets better as time goes on?
DEFINITELY gets better!!! I never had this problem as bad as the previous poster recounts, and I haven't had an oil slick in probably 6.5-7 years now.
starry957
on 6/11/12 10:28 am
interesting.....I took medication several years ago that was for "weight loss" and it did the same thing...also PGX can do this to you too.....so is it EVERY time you eat any amount of fat?
I guess part of my question was what, specifically, led people to decide on the DS - and why it is felt it is better than the VSG - is it just that you CAN'T absorb ie fats/sugars...is that the only additional plus that makes it more effective?

Thanks!

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

its-killen-me
on 6/11/12 11:39 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
 My DS surgery is in 3 days.  I chose it for the best long term results and because it doesn't cause dumping syndrome.  This problem of the orange grease is new to me does this happen to everyone that has it.  I have also heard you have very foul smelling gas after this type of surgery.  (for me it is worth it - it will help with not just the weight but my sleep aponea and prevent diabetes) I am borderline. Heart problems with all members of my family. I do like the fact that you can have a little more of a normal portion of food.  
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 121 views