Gas Relief

kathy215
on 6/8/12 2:11 pm
Im sure most of you are the same, If we eat to many carbs the gas attack happens OMG. Certain foods kill me too.  My question is besides gas x & beano what helps with your gas

Thanks 
mylittleblackdress
on 6/8/12 2:43 pm - FL

The only thing that truly helps me is avoiding anything with white flour.  In addition oats, barley, wheat and soy are problematic for me.

JazzyOne9254
on 6/8/12 3:14 pm
It depends on what *kind* of carbs you are eating.

Complex carbs, like fruits, vegetables, whole grains...Aunt Millie's 100% whole wheat bread and 12 Grain bread are my favorites, and there's nary a rumble from them!  I only use 100% whole wheat pastas, I eat Kashi Cereal (red box), which also has 13 g of protein...and I just recently found 100% whole wheat crackers in Big Lots international foods section! With unsalted tops! (I've never liked saltines, even as a kid!)

I just basically don't put in the foods that I know will give me the rumbles, bubblies and runs!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

zuzupetals2u2
on 6/8/12 3:27 pm - Sedona, AZ
 and lactaid too- my surgeon told me beano, lactaid & a probiotic are the best remedy for gas. Of course leaving alone sugar & flour and some sugar alcohols will help too. Everyone is different tho so something that might work for one may not work for another. It's best to experiment on your own, adding back in one thing at a time and observing for a reaction.
buffalobillsfan
on 6/9/12 1:08 am - CA
I use Zypan and it has helped a lot.  It was recommended to me by an accupuncturist just to help support my DS configuration.  The bonus was a huge decrease in gas. 

Julie R.
on 6/11/12 6:47 am - Ludington, MI
 Is Zypan a pancreatic enzyme?  If it is, is it causing you to gain weight?
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

buffalobillsfan
on 6/14/12 1:59 pm - CA
It is.  If you go on Standard Process website it will explain it.  I switch jobs every few months.  I go from mostly desk job to mostly an active job.  I gained a few pounds prior to starting this enzyme when I went on the desk job.  When I went back to the active work I didn't lose any weight but maintained.  This was while starting the Zypan.  I'm talking 5 lbs maximum.  I do not actively try to lose weight and actually eat a LOT of protein and a good amount of carbs.  This product helps me so much with bloat and gas.  I won't give it up!  "From my cold dead hands...."  :)  I'm sure if I tried to lose weight I could easily. 

Valerie G.
on 6/9/12 6:16 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Avoidance is the best remedy - however if there are plenty of probiotics in my system, the smell isn't quite as bad.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Julie R.
on 6/11/12 6:48 am - Ludington, MI
 Anything wheat, barley, rye and sugars give me gas.   As Val says, avoidance seems to be the best remedy.   It has gotten better with time.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

twodelight
on 6/12/12 9:04 am - Atlanta, GA
I would agree avoidance is the best. I don't eat anything wheat anymore and my gas issues have gone way down. Also I take the beano and that has given me tremendous help.
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 120 views