Got My surgery date for DS in Ontario

GregFatnomore
on 6/8/12 1:40 pm - Canada
A number of us in Ontario have finally gotten our surgery dates for DS!!!!
This after much speculation that the Ontario government was going to no longer pay for the DS.
My new birth will occur on Wednesday August 15th, 2012.
I realize the WLS surgery is just one of many tools at our disposal, but I am going to use this tool to finally achieve my life long goal.
My best wishes to my St. Joe's Hamilton DS crew. We are all on the beginning of a fantastic journey!

DS Surgery Aug. 15th/2012 Dr. Hong - St. Joseph's Hospital - Hamilton, Ontario Canada        
MajorMom
on 6/8/12 9:43 pm - VA
Congratulations, Greg. I hope they continue to offer the DS there. Lord knows the success rate speaks for itself. Good luck!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

challie
on 6/10/12 2:27 am
Congratulations to all of you.  I am a Canadian DSer, although I self paid, and I am so happy to hear that there is progress in Canada with this surgery being offered.  I am very happy with my results and it will be great to build a DS community for support and resources here.

Wishing you all the best.

LaurenR
on 6/20/12 1:28 am - Kemptville On, Canada
Hey Greg Congrats On Getting your DS in Ontario. I was one of the last to have it done in Michigan (USA) paid by Ontario Ohip before they cut everyone off.
So glad they opened their eyes to the needs people have for this type of surgery.DS has been awesome for me. All the best to you on your Journey What area will you have your surgery? Ottawa??(((HUGS)))
LaurenR

Surgery Aug 2008   Start weight 309lbs  June 2012  Present weight 125lbs

2009 update pic shown here.

GregFatnomore
on 6/20/12 3:13 am - Canada
Hi Lauren,
You look great! I am having my DS on Aug. 15th by Dr. Hong at St. Joe's in Hamilton.

DS Surgery Aug. 15th/2012 Dr. Hong - St. Joseph's Hospital - Hamilton, Ontario Canada        
LaurenR
on 6/20/12 12:51 pm - Kemptville On, Canada

Thank you for your kind words . I wish you all the best on your journey, hang on it's one hell of a ride LOL

Surgery Aug 2008   Start weight 309lbs  June 2012  Present weight 125lbs

2009 update pic shown here.

gaiamist
on 7/20/12 4:17 am - Windsor, Canada
I have an appointment to see Dr. Jackson in Toronto on Aug. 24th and I'm hoping to convince him to refer me to Dr. Hong for DS. Can you tell if you had much of a challenge to having the DS or were you just able to tell them that was your preference?
GregFatnomore
on 7/20/12 5:16 am - Canada
I went in armed with a lot of research showing that DS was the best option for someone with my BMI and 5 comorbidities (diabetes,high blood pressure,osteoarthritis,gout&sleep apnea) It was not hard to convince Dr. Hong. He just wants to make sure that if you have the DS you are aware of the life long commitment to viamins and supplements and that you are prepared to make that commitment. Join us on Facebook "Canadian DS Family" It is a secret group so you will not find it unless you friend me or another member. Gregory Cross

gaiamist
on 7/20/12 7:41 am - Windsor, Canada
 I have the same comorbidities. My BMI is 'only' 42. I have also been officially diagnosed with metabolic syndrome (if it helps). I have research coming out my ears, at least as much as I can find about the DS. I suspect that I'm starting to obsess about being refused. I mostly attribute it to the waiting game but it has waking in the middle of the night.  I have no problem with demonstrating that I am aware of the commitment. One more question. I've heard that he has peformed some in two parts, not something I would choose. I want it over so I can move forward in my new life. Do you know anything about that part?
I realy would like to join the group, Gregory. I tried to friend you once before but obviously did not succeed because I didn't hear back from you. I must be "facebook-challenged". Any guidance would be appreciated.
Ref June/10; Dr.Treki Jan/11; Orient Jan/2011; SW Mar/11; hiatus Apr-Oct/11; Dietician class Nov/11; SW Nov/12; Dr.Treki Dec/11; psych Jan/12; Dietician Feb/12; SW Mar/12; Surg Ed class May/12; surgeon Aug 24/12 - agreed to refer file to Hamilton for DS               
GregFatnomore
on 7/20/12 10:28 am - Canada
PM me with your facebook name here on OH. There are a few Gregory Cross's on facebook.

Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 120 views