Endoscopy problem

octobermorning
on 6/8/12 7:15 am
DS on 07/25/12
Just had my endoscopy this morning as part of my clearances for the DS, and they found a polyp in my stomach.  I've forwarded the images to my surgeon, and the reports will be forwarded as soon as available.  I'm just wondering if anyone else had this experience?  Did you have to have a separate surgery for your polyp or were you disqualified from your surgery??  Just wondering what others' experiences have been.  I know there are multiple types of polyps, and I'm not sure yet what kind mine is, but I just wanted to get an idea of people's experiences with this kind of thing before their surgery.

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was greater than the risk it took to blossom."  ~Anais Nin            
larra
on 6/8/12 9:00 am - bay area, CA
Most stomach polyps are benign. Hopefully they did a biopsy during your endoscopy. If it's benign, I would guess that the surgeon will remove it during your surgery, even if it isn't in the bulk of the stomach that would be removed to form your sleeve.

Larra
zix
on 6/8/12 3:32 pm - PA
DS on 02/13/12
I also had polyps in my stomach that were biopsied. My surgeon said they were pretty common.
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 120 views